Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Nintendo direct for the Super Mario Movie

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The trailer dropped the other day, it looks alright, but it doesn't feel 100% Mario to me. Chris Pratt sounds awful as Mario, just sounds like Chris Pratt with a small hint of an Italian accent. I don't even know if he's doing an accent. Jack Black does a bit better as Bowser, but he too doesn't really give me the Bowser vibes. I hear the voices in the french trailer sound more like Mario and Bowser.

View: https://youtu.be/9X2251IuWp0

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't like Chris Pratt, and Mario just doesn't sound good. Jack Black sounds great as Bowser though! I keep seeing people on Twitter that "we should bully Nintendo to replace Chris Pratt like Sonic fans did for the terrible Sonic design" but there's no way they're going to change it up, especially since the movie is coming out in April. This isn't the same as Ugly Sonic. I still want to see it in theaters though when it comes out, because Chris Pratt aside, this looks good.

D

Deleted member 191

That animation looks amazing and I'm glad they went this route instead of live action. As a kid I loved the version with John Leguizamo as Luigi but it had terrible reviews. Can't wait to watch this and hope it's better than Mario Odyssey..
    I LOVED THE OG 90S MOVIE TOO!!!! But I agree Mario's voice is not working for me right now.