The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Olive Garden Buys Ruth Chris, NO!

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

I truly hope that Olive Garden doesn’t begin to commingle their culinary staff between the two entities. There is no other chain that offers the level of cuisine that they do as consistently. I’ve been to Mastro’s and Lawry’s and while both good they do not hold a candle to Ruth’s Chris. I will keep RC in my prayers.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British

I truly hope that Olive Garden doesn’t begin to commingle their culinary staff between the two entities. There is no other chain that offers the level of cuisine that they do as consistently. I’ve been to Mastro’s and Lawry’s and while both good they do not hold a candle to Ruth’s Chris. I will keep RC in my prayers.
    As we don't have either of those restaurants over here, what is the significance of the buy out? Is it controversial? How popular are the restaurants?

D

Deleted member 1946

As we don't have either of those restaurants over here, what is the significance of the buy out? Is it controversial? How popular are the restaurants?
    We don't have either of them in my town either. Olive Garden is decently popular. There are other restaurants that are more popular. I would argue that the lower level steakhouses are more popular than Olive Garden. Most people cannot afford Ruth's Chris since they are limited in money. When a place like Olive Garden buys a highly touted place like Ruth's Chris, it tells me the quality will probably will be reduce as corners are cut.

D

Deleted member 1946

I saw this earlier and almost fainted. First Swisher buys Drew Estate and now Olive Garden buys Ruth’s Chris…ywhat a travesty. I hope they keep a hands off approach. So far Drew Estate has been fine let’s hope that Filet Mignon stays the same.
    Yep. It is fine for now. When people buy a company, they almost always want to change something they don't like. This ends up reducing costs while decreasing quality. I fear this is what is gonna happen with Ruth's Chris.

D

Deleted member 1946

I hope they don't commingle the two either. The two companies are very different are require a different level of attention and professionalism.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yep. It is fine for now. When people buy a company, they almost always want to change something they don't like. This ends up reducing costs while decreasing quality. I fear this is what is gonna happen with Ruth's Chris.
    I hope not.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    We don't have either of them in my town either. Olive Garden is decently popular. There are other restaurants that are more popular. I would argue that the lower level steakhouses are more popular than Olive Garden. Most people cannot afford Ruth's Chris since they are limited in money. When a place like Olive Garden buys a highly touted place like Ruth's Chris, it tells me the quality will probably will be reduce as corners are cut.
    When the lower ranked restaurant buys a more upper class restaurant, the standard of the latter tends to drop. Thank you for the explanation and the insight. Much appreciated.