The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

One day

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I would love to see a black verision of the following:

'Great Expectations' - Charles Dickens, set in the hood
Tv series similar to Vikings but The Moors
Movie about the Africans who visited the 'New World' before Columbus
A slave revolt in America that was actually successful such as the slave revolt on the slave ship The Creole, look it up.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Everytime I watch a movie, show, game other other media that I enjoy, I always think to myself, I would love to see it as a Black centered story, with a Black cast and unapologetic about it.
    I think that all the time. When I go to a nice club, see a nice film, go to a nice restaurant, etc I wish it was Black owned and all Black people in it. I would love Black enclaves so that we can be around our own when we need to be recharged. We basically live our lives being gaslit, microaggressioned, and harassed damn near every day.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Everytime I watch a movie, show, game other other media that I enjoy, I always think to myself, I would love to see it as a Black centered story, with a Black cast and unapologetic about it.
    I would love to see all Black video games. Imagine a Super Mario Brothers with all Black characters or a Final Fantasy? That would be excellent.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Tv series similar to Vikings but The Moors
    Movie about the Africans who visited the 'New World' before Columbus
    We need to make these on our own. It would be great to see these on film. To see the Mali Empire load up the ships and head to Mexico would be epic.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    We need to make these on our own. It would be great to see these on film. To see the Mali Empire load up the ships and head to Mexico would be epic.
    We have been given only 2 lanes to succeed historically: Sports and Entertainment.

Making our own movies is actually the easiest thing for us as a collective to do. We have tons of people in all aspects of movie making both in front of the camera, behind the camera all the way up to producing etc. What we lack is a collective will. Spielberg, Katzenberg and Geffen are all very different personality types, individualistic but got together to pool resources and knowledge to build SKG now one of the biggest entertainment companies globally. Nigeria has the 4th biggest movie market in the world, Nollywood.

Making a huge, global movie like Top Gun or whatever is actually fairly easy for blacks in America to do. Top Gun, Game of Thrones, etc, are all collective efforts. Its not one person. Its a group of people. Blacks could easily do the same. The ones who can just don't want to work together. Its as simple as that.

Tariq Nasheed, on his own after crowd funding has made movies that literally outsell huge Hollywood movies on Amazon on his own basically. Amazon is the biggest DVD market globally. You are number one there, you are number one globally. Hidden Colors series regularly debut top 3, often number 1 of ALL movies, over Disney, etc. And this is one person. Tyler Perry, Oprah, etc, we could easily make huge mega movies. Banks and movie production financing companies would be fighting over each other to lend a group of high level blacks money for a huge move. They know it will do well. Pretty much doesn't matter what we make.

Imagine a series called 'The Moors' similar to The Vikings and there are black Moors (which is an oxymoron) big production, landing in Spain in the 900s killing off white folks, taking over? That shit would be HUGE. White folks would tune in just to hate on it...haha. That shit would be huge all over the world.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    We have been given only 2 lanes to succeed historically: Sports and Entertainment.

Making our own movies is actually the easiest thing for us as a collective to do. We have tons of people in all aspects of movie making both in front of the camera, behind the camera all the way up to producing etc. What we lack is a collective will. Spielberg, Katzenberg and Geffen are all very different personality types, individualistic but got together to pool resources and knowledge to build SKG now one of the biggest entertainment companies globally. Nigeria has the 4th biggest movie market in the world, Nollywood.

Making a huge, global movie like Top Gun or whatever is actually fairly easy for blacks in America to do. Top Gun, Game of Thrones, etc, are all collective efforts. Its not one person. Its a group of people. Blacks could easily do the same. The ones who can just don't want to work together. Its as simple as that.

Tariq Nasheed, on his own after crowd funding has made movies that literally outsell huge Hollywood movies on Amazon on his own basically. Amazon is the biggest DVD market globally. You are number one there, you are number one globally. Hidden Colors series regularly debut top 3, often number 1 of ALL movies, over Disney, etc. And this is one person. Tyler Perry, Oprah, etc, we could easily make huge mega movies. Banks and movie production financing companies would be fighting over each other to lend a group of high level blacks money for a huge move. They know it will do well. Pretty much doesn't matter what we make.

Imagine a series called 'The Moors' similar to The Vikings and there are black Moors (which is an oxymoron) big production, landing in Spain in the 900s killing off white folks, taking over? That shit would be HUGE. White folks would tune in just to hate on it...haha. That shit would be huge all over the world.
    Our biggest hurdle would be the funding because traditional lending vehicles won't lend to us. They'll hit us with the "we don't think this movie would have international appeal" nonsense. It's why we don't see movies like Boomerang, Mo Money, Harlem Nights, etc anymore.

But Crowd Funding will allow us to pool our money together to push the movies we want to see. Also like you said, we could use Amazon to be able to distribute and also sites like 6ZEROS and etc.

We are also super creative and no one can see us when it comes to making film, tv, music, etc. No one can see our creative or ingenuity.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Bruh, we got the money...or access to it. Again, banks and other people fund half these stuff. A 100 million dollar movie isn't that hard to fund. Not at that level...lines of credit, tons of production companties and vehicles. . We have the access to it, we just don't collaborate. The same exact ways a white 100 million dollar film gets funded, we have access to the same resources.

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I think that all the time. When I go to a nice club, see a nice film, go to a nice restaurant, etc I wish it was Black owned and all Black people in it. I would love Black enclaves so that we can be around our own when we need to be recharged. We basically live our lives being gaslit, microaggressioned, and harassed damn near every day.
    I used to live in Nola, it used to be kinda like that.. I love that place and planning to move back but the blackness is diminishing rapidly..

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used to live in Nola, it used to be kinda like that.. I love that place and planning to move back but the blackness is diminishing rapidly..
    LA too…the system worked to drive us out of everywhere. Now it’s lil Mexico.