Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Ouestion: Do You Trust Roland Martin When He Proclaims Black 1st?

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Is Roly now a B1 warriors?

Can he be trusted after years of public opposition?

How do we approach notables who transition (attempt to transition) from public opponents to oublic advocates?

Does his position as a public figure somehow grant him automatic status as a talking head for our interests?

Do you trust Roly to be a voice for our issues?

Screenshot_20230306_065740_Twitter.jpg

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I interpret Roland saying that as his admission that B1 is winning. Nothing more. It doesn't represent a change in him mentally. It only means he is adapting to the present to maintain any semblance of validity and relevance.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He is reacting to the grassroots. I look at anyone skeptically that does not seem to have a core ideology or is willing to change it seemingly on a whim. I need to understand what was the impetus for change before I believe anything.

Political power via democrats and coalitions was so core to everything that he has done and said that I can only see this as a grift at this moment. Shifts like this should be a gradient where we slowly see him come around not on and off like a light switch.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I interpret Roland saying that as his admission that B1 is winning. Nothing more. It doesn't represent a change in him mentally. It only means he is adapting to the present to maintain any semblance of validity and relevance.
    🦝 is written all over his NO NECK face!

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    B1 means butter biscuits first when Roly Poly says it.
    Oh damn 😳 🤣
    Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Is Roly now a B1 warriors?

Can he be trusted after years of public opposition?

How do we approach notables who transition (attempt to transition) from public opponents to oublic advocates?

Does his position as a public figure somehow grant him automatic status as a talking head for our interests?

Do you trust Roly to be a voice for our issues?

View attachment 7029
    Nope. This fool has been #OffCode for years calling us names and just acting the part. Fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So here's what I think is happening.

A lot of people including Jason Black, Professor Black Truth, Tariq Nasheed, Philip Scott, and TD Hip Hop Media were all roasting him.

That's a lot of competition. So slowly he was starting to lose viewers. Even his own audience was calling him out in the comments.

The old folks were still largely with him but his message was going no where with the younger audience.

Add that with the fact he isn't able to get advertising funds and he was on a losing path.

He is viewed as a pariah amongst the big news organizations like CNN and MSNBC so that's not an option for him anymore.

He has made several videos talking about that if corporations don't give advertising to black owned media that he would unleash hell on them.

Only problem is he now lacks ability to back that up.

You can't threaten with a old audience because they are on a fixed income usually and don't spend big.

It's the youthful audience that has a growing family that spends a lot. He doesn't have those people.

So he's trying to change his messaging to get back in good graces with the younger audience.

Question is do you believe he is sincere or is he just looking out for Roland?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

A lot of people including Jason Black, Professor Black Truth, Tariq Nasheed, Philip Scott, and TD Hip Hop Media were all roasting him.

That's a lot of competition. So slowly he was starting to lose viewers. Even his own audience was calling him out in the comments.

The old folks were still largely with him but his message was going no where with the younger audience.

Add that with the fact he isn't able to get advertising funds and he was on a losing path.

He is viewed as a pariah amongst the big news organizations like CNN and MSNBC so that's not an option for him anymore.

He has made several videos talking about that if corporations don't give advertising to black owned media that he would unleash hell on them.

You can't threaten with a old audience because they are on a fixed income usually and don't spend big.

It's the youthful audience that has a growing family that spends a lot. He doesn't have those people.

So he's trying to change his messaging to get back in good graces with the younger audience.

Just looking out for himself, as ALWAYS! I watched him briefly years ago, but the 🦝 was evident then & still is presently!

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    After he tried to excuse that No Voting No Vucking video he lost just about everyone. I think that was the last straw for anyone that's seriously B1.
    Reactions: Jay

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I don't trust Grimace's twin brother! Not at all. He's nothing but an opportunist and all out traitor. Of course, out the blue, ol clown ass Bumbaclot Boombastic Bojangles Martin will "flee" over to the NBM (New Black Media) and literally rob points and views, only to stay relevant and try as desperately to hold on to whatever fanbase he has.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

I concur with these sentiments. He will never be an establishment pawn, he has a dying viewer base, and the tone in the discussion is changing. He is making a pivot before he is left up the creek without a paddle.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Roland Martin needs to repent and get off the democratic plantation. Don’t forget how he called out members of the New Black Media and spoke down on the reparations rally in November. Roland said we are not getting a cent. This man has disdain for Black Americans. When he said Black first he probably meant Black voters first. Then again, we all heard him clear as day. He must agree with Jason Black on prioritizing our people. Yet Martin has been doing the opposite. He’s team vote blue no matter who, vote like your life depends on it.

B1General

Sixer
    zBucks
    I only judge if someone is B1 by their behavior when I need something from them. It’s easy to say B1 when I’m buying your books and tapes but what do you do when I want you to buy mine. When I want you to read mine. When I need you to help promote mine. If all of a sudden it’s…

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

When it’s time to do something for me then you ain’t B1.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    From the tenor of these responses, it seems Roly Poly's career may be at deaths door.

I don't find fault in any of these responses. He richly deserves it. I'm not bothered by his name calling or him blocking ppl on twitter....I don't trust Roly due to one issue, primarily.

He is a liar. During the 2016 elections him and Donna Brazile gave Hillary Clinton their questions before a televised presidential debate. When caught red handed, he lied.

Everyone is right not to trust him. We need to keep an eye on the guy.