The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Overcoming Mistrust

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Do you think it's possible to overcome mistrust in a relationship? Personally, it would be hard for me to trust someone again after they've shown me that I can't trust them. I think I start pulling back without even realizing it, and then it's just time for it to end. I think if both want to fix it, it's probably possible, though.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Do you think it's possible to overcome mistrust in a relationship? Personally, it would be hard for me to trust someone again after they've shown me that I can't trust them. I think I start pulling back without even realizing it, and then it's just time for it to end. I think if both want to fix it, it's probably possible, though.
Depends on what they did to be honest. Some ways you cross me like sleeping with one of my loved ones is unrecoverable. I will never be able to trust you again and I'm completely at peace with that. I think sometimes we get to that point where it's unrecoverable and instead of letting go we keep the relationship alive and drive each other crazy. My advice is:

Therapy - Talk to a professional, have them help diagnose the underlying conditions that are sparking the mistrust.

Sometimes the issue is subconscious and the bad thing that was done to us is trigger some other issue from the past.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    For me it would depend on what level of trust was broke. Stealing, cheating, and lying are the top 3 things to do to me to stay in top of my ish list.
    Would it be hard to forgive? Absolutely, is it possible to gain trust back? Absolutely.
    It's going to take a long time to repair.. But possible.