The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Parallels- Blacks and Polynesians

zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Living in Hawaii, I see a lot of troubling parallels between FDA, the African diaspora, Hawaiians, and Polynesians. Racism, the denial of racism, gentrification, education, and more. A lot of Polynesians live day to day, and have a very slow way of thinking and handling things. They also disconnect from anything black, and a lot of times anything native. A lot of them brag about being part Japanese, Chinese, or Vietnamese.

Filipinos are in high population here and are probably the greatest mix with the native population. They are used as a buffer class, just as the other Asian populations are. They are actually dealing with white and Asian supremacy here. And the average Hawaiian would look at you like you're Beetlejuice if you brought any of this of and accuse you of being racist. A lot of them are embarrassed of what's happened here and can not cope with reality.

Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge about this??

I also noticed that Hawaiians and other Polynesians jock a lot of our FBA culture. Music, style, language, and so on. And they will get upset if you mention it.

What do you think?

Lamont

Sixer
zBucks
This is very interesting and is a great way of getting to see White Supremacy from a 3rd person perspective if you will as opposed to being in it. You are essentially a fly on the wall and able to see the racial hierarchy, divide and conquer, and etc as a neutral observer. You also can see how the culture create by White supremacy has brainwashed the population and how it is largely transparent to a lot of them.

Let me ask you? Does seeing how Black Americans handled this vs how the Hawaiians make you respect our ancestors more? What clarity does this experience provide in retrospect?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is very interesting and is a great way of getting to see White Supremacy from a 3rd person perspective if you will as opposed to being in it. You are essentially a fly on the wall and able to see the racial hierarchy, divide and conquer, and etc as a neutral observer. You also can see how the culture create by White supremacy has brainwashed the population and how it is largely transparent to a lot of them.

Let me ask you? Does seeing how Black Americans handled this vs how the Hawaiians make you respect our ancestors more? What clarity does this experience provide in retrospect?
    Great perspective and I wonder the same. Does this highlight a bravery in our ancestors in how they handled the oppression? Or did our differing circumstances result in our response?

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin

Very nice explanation and question.

Yes I am a fly on the wall, and it's pretty interesting.

You really hit the nail on the head. Yes, being here does make me appreciate our culture more, because I have had to come to the conclusion that we are the only people on planet earth that understand white supremacy. We're the only ones who fight.

Sadly, the Hawaiians hold on to flags and dances while losing their language and falling prey to white supremacy at mass. The really love white people out here. If you don't understand what's going on here, you'd think that Hawaiians own the businesses, but it's not true, not at all. Those people are Filipinos, asians, and sometimes a little mix with native, but that only helps when it comes to getting loans and privileges.

The homes are very expensive here. But they have a native loan type situation here where if you're at least 50% native, you can buy certain homes for discounted prices. But the average native can not even afford a home at 1/4 of the average price. So it doesn't help the native, or helps the family that mixed with the native. It helps the Japanese buy cheaper homes, when they were given money for internment, and have a rich home country. So it helps them build more wealth. It doesn't help the native.

Natives are treated just a little better than we are treated, and they are only treated a little better to spite blacks, but no one can tell them that. They are kept in domestic (maid, yard service) positions. Their education system is terrible, and the property taxes very low compared to stateside land. So this means that taxes that go to the schools are very low, and that's intentional. So they try to build charter schools that they never finish and waste money on.

They allow trillion dollar industries to make money on their prime land, and do not put anything back into their island. They argue and beef with one another, the Samoans, Tongans, Tahitians. They are very misguided. They can seem kind up front, but they, like the rest of the world, hate black people. They feel half a penny better simply because they aren't black. It's really sad.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Very nice explanation and question.

Yes I am a fly on the wall, and it's pretty interesting.

You really hit the nail on the head. Yes, being here does make me appreciate our culture more, because I have had to come to the conclusion that we are the only people on planet earth that understand white supremacy. We're the only ones who fight.

Sadly, the Hawaiians hold on to flags and dances while losing their language and falling prey to white supremacy at mass. The really love white people out here. If you don't understand what's going on here, you'd think that Hawaiians own the businesses, but it's not true, not at all. Those people are Filipinos, asians, and sometimes a little mix with native, but that only helps when it comes to getting loans and privileges.

The homes are very expensive here. But they have a native loan type situation here where if you're at least 50% native, you can buy certain homes for discounted prices. But the average native can not even afford a home at 1/4 of the average price. So it doesn't help the native, or helps the family that mixed with the native. It helps the Japanese buy cheaper homes, when they were given money for internment, and have a rich home country. So it helps them build more wealth. It doesn't help the native.

Natives are treated just a little better than we are treated, and they are only treated a little better to spite blacks, but no one can tell them that. They are kept in domestic (maid, yard service) positions. Their education system is terrible, and the property taxes very low compared to stateside land. So this means that taxes that go to the schools are very low, and that's intentional. So they try to build charter schools that they never finish and waste money on.

They allow trillion dollar industries to make money on their prime land, and do not put anything back into their island. They argue and beef with one another, the Samoans, Tongans, Tahitians. They are very misguided. They can seem kind up front, but they, like the rest of the world, hate black people. They feel half a penny better simply because they aren't black. It's really sad.
    Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Great perspective and I wonder the same. Does this highlight a bravery in our ancestors in how they handled the oppression? Or did our differing circumstances result in our response?
    I think it's a little of both. The fact that they believe this is still their island helps pacify them. They are extremely passive people, but they, like most others, will still find strength to fight with black people. There's about 7 black people on this island and they will find ways to blame those 7 people for something.

We are braver than others and everyone sees that except us. We think others are braver, smarter or better, in part because our parents and grandparents never combated white supremacist ideas put in front of us. Somehow, the children of slaves believe that people in Guatemala (they couldn't spell it or find it on a map) are harder working than us.

Black people are not taught why the room freezes when we enter. People envy us. PERIOD. If I were them I probably wouldn't like black people either.