Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Part 2: Designers interested in getting into UI/UX

D-Mann

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Any body that is a graphic designer, illustrator etc. and you want to get into the tech field as a UI/UX designer? There ain’t many of us in the field and there are a lot of jobs open that pay well.

I went from print to UX years ago and it’s a pretty easy transition. You already got all the core design principles like color, critical thinking etc. You just have to use those skills for designing for screens. I helped a few graphic design friends move over with info of what to do.

If interested DM me. We can chat. I’m willing to share my knowledge with the fam how I did it.

D-Mann

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
What would you say are the core tenets of UX and are most UX people designers?
UX has so many parts. Researchers, content writers, designers, behavioral science and accessibility. For me at its core Ux is common sense and you are trying to solve a problem. I know the design part because that’s what I do but even that part can be broken up. We just had a new designer from the apparel industry. Companies are looking for diverse backgrounds to help push new ideas. Funny you can get a ton of different answers because the field is still new and evolving so a lot of folks like to sound more important and smarter than they really are. Lol