The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Perspective is everything…

Caprice

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Which person do you identify with?

Quality time is my love language so I’ve had similar thoughts to both people in this photo. I like undivided attention, but I no longer think someone has something to “hide” if they’re phone is turned over. Sometimes I have my phone down because I don’t want to see notifications and get distracted. Most of the time I keep my phone in my purse, though. What about you?

91C60617-3325-4146-B7B4-9CB701FE26B4.jpeg

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I more identify with the man than I do the woman. Though I'm sure there are valid reasons for her thoughts, because she may have had a past relationship where an ex lied to them and kept things from them. We're all human after all, and maybe she feels this way because of habit and nothing more.

As for me, I can't stand seeing notifications either. I honestly turn off most notifications unless it's family and work stuff. Another thing, I want my attention to be on the date and I don't want to end up eyeing up my phone every so often. Plus doing that makes you look like you're not interested. To me, it shows he has his attention on her.

I think both are valid feelings. And this scenario feels like a first date thing anyway, maybe after some time, they will get to know each other and the whole thing will be forgotten. Or it'll get more clear that their date is just giving them their whole attention.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We not thinking that deep lol ... I turn my phone over bc my partner might think it's rude of I'm still looking at the phone ...

If we have something to hide ... Hmm. We should be upfront, if they are not, that's another issue ...
    Yeah I flip my phone over to not be distracted by notifications.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Which person do you identify with?

Quality time is my love language so I’ve had similar thoughts to both people in this photo. I like undivided attention, but I no longer think someone has something to “hide” if they’re phone is turned over. Sometimes I have my phone down because I don’t want to see notifications and get distracted. Most of the time I keep my phone in my purse, though. What about you?

View attachment 5156 My attitude is more aligned with the male point of view. As a matter of fact, in certain 1 on 1 settings I tend to turn my phone off.