Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Playstation skipping Gamescom 2022

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    PlayStation joins several other big gaming companies in bowing out of Gamescom 2022. It was earlier this year that Nintendo confirmed it had no plans to be part of Gamescom’s return this year. In the time since, Take-Two Interactive and Activision Blizzard have also bowed out of the event.

Gamescom 2022 is meant to be a “hybrid” return of the event. This will be the first year in several that a physical event returns to Cologne, Germany, but the event is being bolstered by an online presence, featuring online showcases like Geoff Keighley’s Opening Night Live. Opening Night Live took on larger importance with Gamescom as it was forced to shut down its physical events due to the COVID-19 pandemic in previous years.

This is the first time I am hearing about this event. Is this something that is new or have I been living under a rock? LOL

Knowing Sony and Nintendo won't be present, why would anyone care about this event?

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

This is the first time I am hearing about this event. Is this something that is new or have I been living under a rock? LOL

Knowing Sony and Nintendo won't be present, why would anyone care about this event?
    Sony usually doesn't go to gamescom Unless it's a big reveal and since they're skipping in person events the state of play it will just be doing a state of play

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sony usually doesn't go to gamescom Unless it's a big reveal and since they're skipping in person events the state of play it will just be doing a state of play
    Oh okay. See I was not even aware of this event. I never even heard of it. I only ever hear of the huge ones that happen like E3.

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Oh okay. See I was not even aware of this event. I never even heard of it. I only ever hear of the huge ones that happen like E3.
    yeah it's usually for indie games and smaller third party publishers sometimes Ubisoft or EA will announce something there to build hype but it is more of a fan convention like comic con