The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

PNB Rock’s Murder Shows Why Squares Need to Stay In Their Lane

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The video below shows a guy threatening PNB Rock and look at how PNB could not read the room.

View: https://youtu.be/siNeNsqq8eo?t=43

PNB laughed and giggled through the entire exchange even as the guy tries to figure out his location. The guy tells PNB that people are trying to see him to which he responds “pull up”. What‘s chilling is the end:

• @2:11 PNB flashes his chains
    • @2:12 Guy: man ill take that shit off you
    PNB giggles
    • @2:55 Guy: You in LA?
    • @2:58 PNB: Naaah Im in Atlanta
    • @3:04 Guy: It’s some people back in the city that need get down on you though
    • @3:07 PNB: Tell em to pull up man

• @3:30 PNB Rock: You‘ze a Bitch, ya heard me?
    • @3:34 Guy: Bet, I’ma make you eat that

The wolves were on him, he did not take it seriously, and his girl dropped his location inadvertently flossing for the gram. Man if you aint bout that life, stay out of it. Life ain’t the internet, some niggas hear you say pull up and they gon ride. Not everyone is a clown out here.

Be smart.
    Know your surroundings.
    Don’t provoke an enemy if you’re not prepared to strike.
    Don’t associate with people who will broadcast your business on the internet.

This nigga was in imminent danger and was totally oblivious. Don’t be like him.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That video was chilling and your analysis on it was spot on. You can’t be other cities moving like shit can’t go down. I was just in Scottsdale scootering around and kept my head on swivel because you never know when someone can be trying to punch your ticket. This dude thought life was a game and that his jewels and career mattered…found out the hard way that it didn’t.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    One thing specifically to LA. It's pretty much a certainty those guys were tied to a known set (Gang). This ain't how the Los Angeles gangs usually move traditionally. Things have changed since the law has made it a crime for the OGs to be around the set once they leave prison. The OGs used to be the ones who passed down and enforced the street rules and the rules of the set, how to move, who you can roll up on.

So, that being said, my questions are 1. What set do they belong to and 2. is this okay with the OGs of the set, those that are around if any? There are some 'don't dos' for all the sets. Defacing Nipsey Hussle's mural was a hands off for all black and Mexican gangs for example.

I can't see how this was okay but maybe the rules have changed on what's acceptible. A guy like that can be greenlit to get at if he was dissing the set...possibly.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is how so many rappers die young. They get selfish, greedy, and want to be loud and flashy. They don't consider the fact that a lot of dudes where they came up will be looking at them with disrespect. Not only that but when you are going through someone else's area and want to show off, people get pissed.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One thing specifically to LA. It's pretty much a certainty those guys were tied to a known set (Gang). This ain't how the Los Angeles gangs usually move traditionally. Things have changed since the law has made it a crime for the OGs to be around the set once they leave prison. The OGs used to be the ones who passed down and enforced the street rules and the rules of the set, how to move, who you can roll up on.

So, that being said, my questions are 1. What set do they belong to and 2. is this okay with the OGs of the set, those that are around if any? There are some 'don't dos' for all the sets. Defacing Nipsey Hussle's mural was a hands off for all black and Mexican gangs for example.

I can't see how this was okay but maybe the rules have changed on what's acceptible. A guy like that can be greenlit to get at if he was dissing the set...possibly.
    Who knows to be real. In these economic times we all have to be more vigilant and watch where we are at. The economic situation here in LA is dire, rent is sky high, the average job isn’t enough to pay for the average apartment, immigrants are flooding into town and taking up all the jobs you don’t need specialized education for.

So if you come into a space that’s disenfranchising people like LA is doing and you flossing and being arrogant things like this will happen. Some gangs out here are rogue, some are clicks of young cats that don’t follow any rules, it’s hard out here and crime is going to increase because of it.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This is how so many rappers die young. They get selfish, greedy, and want to be loud and flashy. They don't consider the fact that a lot of dudes where they came up will be looking at them with disrespect. Not only that but when you are going through someone else's area and want to show off, people get pissed.
    He was from Philly and in the hood in LA. That’s either a lack of street smarts or a lack of respect for them. Sad situation but seeing how he handled that call in the OP I don’t think he has the disposition to take threats seriously.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Who knows to be real. In these economic times we all have to be more vigilant and watch where we are at. The economic situation here in LA is dire, rent is sky high, the average job isn’t enough to pay for the average apartment, immigrants are flooding into town and taking up all the jobs you don’t need specialized education for.

So if you come into a space that’s disenfranchising people like LA is doing and you flossing and being arrogant things like this will happen. Some gangs out here are rogue, some are clicks of young cats that don’t follow any rules, it’s hard out here and crime is going to increase because of it.
    Yeah bro, I lived in LA for a number of years. I am obviously not a gang member but if you are black and fairly young in LA, you better understand the gang culture if you are going to move in south LA, Compton, Watts, etc. So, from an outsider's view, and a self survival view, I understand them. I dated women whose brothers were gang members, I worked with guys who were former gang members who worked in our mail room, etc. I've been to a few parties where it was pretty much all crips or bloods.

There is still a gang code and knowing LA is there much of a chance they aren't linked to a set? Almost none. And that is my question. What is the set going to do about it? Is running up on guys like him now accepted? I've been out of LA for a minute but still...the question begs an answer.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    He was from Philly and in the hood in LA. That’s either a lack of street smarts or a lack of respect for them. Sad situation but seeing how he handled that call in the OP I don’t think he has the disposition to take threats seriously.
    He likely has no street experience and can't read a room. I mean clearly, this dude was looking at him with a death wish and he did not see it. You can't just go into someone else's area and act better than them.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah bro, I lived in LA for a number of years. I am obviously not a gang member but if you are black and fairly young in LA, you better understand the gang culture if you are going to move in south LA, Compton, Watts, etc. So, from an outsider's view, and a self survival view, I understand them. I dated women whose brothers were gang members, I worked with guys who were former gang members who worked in our mail room, etc. I've been to a few parties where it was pretty much all crips or bloods.

There is still a gang code and knowing LA is there much of a chance they aren't linked to a set? Almost none. And that is my question. What is the set going to do about it? Is running up on guys like him now accepted? I've been out of LA for a minute but still...the question begs an answer.
    I agree that you have to know which set is where and what color is what if you’re Black in LA because if you make a wrong turn you will get pressed.

However, things are changing and I personally feel like there are a lot more rogues then before. Now I’m not as close to the gangs as I was back in high school and personally DGAF but there’s a lot more cats doing their own thing.

A lot more cats splitting off from the larger sets and running their own show. I don’t think it’s as hierarchical as it was in let’s say 1993. I remember back then you couldn’t wear red anywhere in Long Beach or it was your ass.

In the last 10 years we had a Crip set spin off and go rogue and they say they are not bloods or crips and they now wear red. So you see cats wearing red all in the hood in Long Beach now.

So I wouldn’t assume it was necessarily a set behind it or that a set will discipline a member for the shooting.

However I’m not in the day to day politics and don’t care to be. I got turned off from gang banging when I saw most was just a bunch of niggas standing around not getting money.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Really? There were spin offs but never red. I think Insane Crips wore Raider hats and Rollin' 20s crips wore Steelers jerseys but I may have gotten that twisted.
    Long Beach and Inglewood were for a long time the only cities that only had one type of black gang. LB was all crips and Inglewood all bloods (Inglewood Family, Crenshaw Mafia and Queen St) I lived on Queen St when I moved to LA. The only reason they didn't harrass me was they saw me in a suit and one day asked me if I was Jehovah's Witness.

My first girlfriend's brother was Rolling 20s bloods in South Central. He schooled me on everything. Plus dudes I met over time. Grape St wore purple and Hoover's stopped being crips and became Hoover Gangsters, wearing Houston Astros hats. Neighborhood Crips would sometimes wear North Carolina TarHeels hats and jersesy (NC for Neighborhood Crip). Dang, I know way too much about this.

On a sidenote, spent a summer in Chicago and had to be schooled on Vice Lords, Gangster Deciples, etc.

Anyway, all that said, I'm curious which set they represent.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Really? There were spin offs but never red. I think Insane Crips wore Raider hats and Rollin' 20s crips wore Steelers jerseys but I may have gotten that twisted.
    Long Beach and Inglewood were for a long time the only cities that only had one type of black gang. LB was all crips and Inglewood all bloods (Inglewood Family, Crenshaw Mafia and Queen St) I lived on Queen St when I moved to LA. The only reason they didn't harrass me was they saw me in a suit and one day asked me if I was Jehovah's Witness.

My first girlfriend's brother was Rolling 20s bloods in South Central. He schooled me on everything. Plus dudes I met over time. Grape St wore purple and Hoover's stopped being crips and became Hoover Gangsters, wearing Houston Astros hats. Neighborhood Crips would sometimes wear North Carolina TarHeels hats and jersesy (NC for Neighborhood Crip). Dang, I know way too much about this.

On a sidenote, spent a summer in Chicago and had to be schooled on Vice Lords, Gangster Deciples, etc.

Anyway, all that said, I'm curious which set they represent.
    Baby Insane Gang was created around 2003 and they called them “babies”. They started wearing pink and baby blue. I think it was around 10 years ago they stopped affiliating with Crips and started being “Babies vs. Everyone” and started wearing Red. You’ll see people on MLK and PCH FLAMED UP and it’s so weird. You would get seriously injured doing that when I was growing up. In fact, you wouldn’t do it at all. Bloods knew that if they came into Long Beach that they needed to leave all their red at home. You legit would not see any Black people wearing red in Long Beach.

Linda Jones

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    The video below shows a guy threatening PNB Rock and look at how PNB could not read the room.

PNB laughed and giggled through the entire exchange even as the guy tries to figure out his location. The guy tells PNB that people are trying to see him to which he responds “pull up”. What‘s chilling is the end:

• @2:11 PNB flashes his chains
    PNB giggles

The wolves were on him, he did not take it seriously, and his girl dropped his location inadvertently flossing for the gram. Man if you aint bout that life, stay out of it. Life ain’t the internet, some niggas hear you say pull up and they gon ride. Not everyone is a clown out here.

Be smart.
    Know your surroundings.

Do you think his girl has some accountability! She showed the location.

Linda Jones

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks

@2:11 PNB flashes his chains
    PNB giggles

Be smart.
    Know your surroundings.

Both were culpable as they lacked street smarts.
    Agreed it’s sad! And hate hearing about all this death.