Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Providence, R.I. Trying To Do A Reparations" Bait And Switch.

Shoutout13

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Renaming something that you wouldn't give other groups as reparations....doesn't make it reparations.
Consider Evanston, Illinois with it's cheap substitute housing grant, this is a $$$ windfall for previously
discriminating banks and is not a restitution payment but a generator of further financial debt.

This addresses the peripheral needs IF actual reparations were being paid.
But no mention of direct financial restitution.
Did they ask the Japanese to jump through hoops for Internment camp $$?
Or recently Guam paid from a "long time ago" (WWII) without a long, drawn out, walking in circles "study".

Link To The Article Here

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    . Providence’s plan has no new cash payouts, doesn’t limit eligibility to Black residents, and duplicates some ongoing services. Some people wouldn’t even call it reparations.

Anyone allowing them to call that reparations is an idiot.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Providence is a real $hit hole. Hard to believe a city with so many private and public institutions could be such a haven for degeneracy and criminal activity. There is a podcast from a few years back called Crimetown that details how the Italian mob set up shop in Rhode Island and ran things all the way up through the governor's house. I'm never surprised when I hear f***ery coming out of that state and particularly that city