The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Pure breed or mutt/mix?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
When it comes to cats and dogs, assuming you are into them, do you prefer to go for a pure breed or are you okay with adopting mutts and mixes?

I grew up with both in terms of dogs but I never had a pure breed cat before. Always wanted one but never put the fund forward to adopt one. Not many breeders in my area either so it would be a drive if I wanted to adopt one.

What are your preferences?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I grew up with dog's my Dad and mom loved dogs. We has 2 sets, one set of Dobermans and a set of Great Danes. They were pure breeds, if I can get my mom to dig through the photo albums I'll have her send me some pictures. We used to ride our Great Danes when we were kids. lol

Right now I have 3 mutts,(not by choice) all small Chihuahua mixes, My aunt calls all small dogs "piece of a dog" lol
    But i do prefer pure breeds, although they do tend to have more health issues, cat or dog doesn't matter.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I grew up with dog's my Dad and mom loved dogs. We has 2 sets, one set of Dobermans and a set of Great Danes. They were pure breeds, if I can get my mom to dig through the photo albums I'll have her send me some pictures. We used to ride our Great Danes when we were kids. lol

Right now I have 3 mutts,(not by choice) all small Chihuahua mixes, My aunt calls all small dogs "piece of a dog" lol
    But i do prefer pure breeds, although they do tend to have more health issues, cat or dog doesn't matter.
    That is the downside of pure breeds. They all come with higher risks of health issues and tend not to live as long. This is why you want to go with a certified breeder. I had a bad experience as a child where we adopted a dog from a "breeder" who claimed to be legit but was just a backyard breeder and the dog had to be put down because of health issues.