The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

R.I.P. Kobe and Gianna, two years

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa

View: https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1486215655644934147?t=czK6uJ19eY_WlwyVj62rHA&s=19

I remember hating Kobe, because he broke my heart mad times as a Nuggets fan, and he was the best player I've ever seen live (a Rockets game, they won of course) but I grew to respect his game and his approach to it. He was the last of a dying breed of strong willed, take no bullshit type of players from the great 80s and 90s. Kobe was special not only as a player but as a person, I knew he was the guy when he appeared on shows like Moesha for example.

Rest in peace Kobe, Gigi and the rest of those that tragically passed on that day. How did you remember him as a player?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I remember when the news hit. I wanted it to be some stupid rumor that started on Twitter. So many death rumors have in the past. It just did not feel real. When I realized it was... I felt gutted. I maybe not watch the NBA anymore but growing up, I loved Kobe. He was my younger brother's hero and idol. When he heard about it, it messed him up. I feel like because of the timing of when it happened and COVID becoming an issue shortly after, a lot of people didn't really feel the loss right away. Not only did we lose a powerful black icon but the beautiful daughter of one. RIP.