A Bottle of Wine & A Good Book - Book Club

Join our very own BLACK Book Club & discuss books that you have read and express your opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. Join and find recommendations for new reads, while converse with like-minded readers. Oh yeah, we like wine too.... cheers!

Reading Gives Us The Tools To Unlock Power.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
As a young boy I struggled to read. In grade school, I fail behind my classmates and got myself into a bit of a pickle with my mother. My teacher put me in a remedial reading group where I was required to read novels.

I was mandated to go to the library and checkout a book to review with my teacher upon completing it. As an eager young boy more in tune with kicking soccer balls and playing tackle football, I forced myself into the library and chose "The House In the Snow".

Reading that novel unlocked a whole new world of expression for me. I couldn't put the book down once I started. I was captivated. The memories of riding on the Auto Bahn, in the middle seat, in my father's blitzing BMW, while Sade jammed in the background....stay with me until this day.

Please feel free to share your love of literature as well. Cheers and happy reading.

D

Deleted member 1946

As a young boy I struggled to read. In grade school, I fail behind my classmates and got myself into a bit of a pickle with my mother. My teacher put me in a remedial reading group where I was required to read novels.

I was mandated to go to the library and checkout a book to review with my teacher upon completing it. As an eager young boy more in tune with kicking soccer balls and playing tackle football, I forced myself into the library and chose "The House In the Snow".

Reading that novel unlocked a whole new world of expression for me. I couldn't put the book down once I started. I was captivated. The memories of riding on the Auto Bahn, in the middle seat, in my father's blitzing BMW, while Sade jammed in the background....stay with me until this day.

Please feel free to share your love of literature as well. Cheers and happy reading.
Thanks for sharing your story.