The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

REPARATIONISTS ARE NOT WELCOMED TO THE NAACP-MLK EVENT IN SC. TODAY

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You beat me to it.
    Dr. King was a reparationist, and kicking out those people is a slap to his legacy.
    How dare they! I don't get it.
    Look for reparations demonstrations at both party conventions this summer.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How dare they! I don't get it.
    Look for reparations demonstrations at both party conventions this summer.
    Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

D

Deleted member 1946

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NAACP?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NAACP</a> &quot;Disinvites&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FBA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#FBA</a> Brothers &amp; Sisters from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SouthCarolina?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#SouthCarolina</a> rally for holding <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Reparations?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Reparations</a> signs... <a href="https://t.co/7khA0ya19r">pic.twitter.com/7khA0ya19r</a></p>&mdash; Black Alpha Network (@BlackAlphaNetw1) <a href="">January 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These bootlicks are always doing the work for their masters. I'm glad some of us stood up to him.

D

Deleted member 1946

He was very much a man that wanted to redistribute wealth and I think it is a convenience for white people to cover that up or hide that fact. Nothing like this surprises me anymore.
    Sometimes I wonder if we are making progress, but they just are not telling us. I know they do fudge the numbers. I see more of us supporting Black businesses, especially when we have something Black folks want. There are more Black folks with businesses than ever before with a wider variety of products and services. If we had reparations, then it would be bye bye to this wicked system as we know it. And those White folks know it too.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sometimes I wonder if we are making progress, but they just are not telling us. I know they do fudge the numbers. I see more of us supporting Black businesses, especially when we have something Black folks want. There are more Black folks with businesses than ever before with a wider variety of products and services. If we had reparations, then it would be bye bye to this wicked system as we know it. And those White folks know it too.
    We can't sit by waiting though either. Like we can keep calling for it but we need to make our moves. Open our businesses. Support our people. We need to come together and form our own black economy. If enough people can get behind this and we get black men and women with excess wealth to pitch into this, we can make real moves that they cannot stop.

Problem is, not enough of our folks in America are serious. Seems like most of them just coast by and accept whatever they can get without putting skin in the game. This is why I am such a huge fan of small black businesses and small black business owners.

D

Deleted member 1946

We can't sit by waiting though either. Like we can keep calling for it but we need to make our moves. Open our businesses. Support our people. We need to come together and form our own black economy. If enough people can get behind this and we get black men and women with excess wealth to pitch into this, we can make real moves that they cannot stop.

Problem is, not enough of our folks in America are serious. Seems like most of them just coast by and accept whatever they can get without putting skin in the game. This is why I am such a huge fan of small black businesses and small black business owners.
    Yes. More of our people are into farming and ranching. It is so great to see. As I scroll online, I do see more Black investment websites popping up with small loans. Unfortunately, I do not see big loans with many of these websites. We already know why. I don't think we should go after the Black folks with the extra big wealth because they are all Boule. All of them. There are some good ones who have like several million dollars of wealth or $20 million, but the ones with like $100 million or $1 billion are all on the side of this wicked system. 100 percent Boule members. They are not allowed to empower Black folks. They have signed contracts stating they will not do this. I have not seen one exception yet although they do things to make it look like they want to help us.

I do agree with you that not enough of us are serious. The Black manufacturers of general merchandise items that people will use over and over again have the responsibility of getting the prices down while working with several people so we can have our own distribution network. I see this going on with other races of people. I see this with their wholesale distribution companies too. This would mean we would need our own oil company (even if small) so we can have control over the gas prices at the Black owned gas stations. Etc. Some of our people want to buy cheaply from others, but they want to charge ridiculous prices when they start a business. Smh. We can and will do better as a collective.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Sadly.. and you’re spot on

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The NAACP has sold out and been compromised for a few decades. They are no longer relevant. They will fight for everyone else (Gay/Trans, Immigrants, Latinos) and the only time they mention Blacks is to guilt trip white folks into funding them.

Young people are no longer joining. The only young people I have met who joined was because their parents are members and pretty much indoctrinated them or shamed them into it. It's basically the old Black church. Most of the leadership in various chapters are ministers. And the Black church has been bought off for a while.

The NAACP has the same fear as Roland Martin. They fear white people will no longer see them as 1. spokespersons for Blacks and 2. (and more importantly) they lack much if any credibility among the masses, the soil.

If you notice the NAACP were no where to be found when everyone was out protesting either in the streets and/or online for the BLM/Floyd protests. My guess? They were either told to stay out of it, or thought if they did, they would lose white people's money.

Finally, these groups that pretend to speak for Black voices need to get pressure for things like backing reparations and demanding Black specific things from the Democrats or no vote.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The NAACP has sold out and been compromised for a few decades. They are no longer relevant. They will fight for everyone else (Gay/Trans, Immigrants, Latinos) and the only time they mention Blacks is to guilt trip white folks into funding them.

Young people are no longer joining. The only young people I have met who joined was because their parents are members and pretty much indoctrinated them or shamed them into it. It's basically the old Black church. Most of the leadership in various chapters are ministers. And the Black church has been bought off for a while.

The NAACP has the same fear as Roland Martin. They fear white people will no longer see them as 1. spokespersons for Blacks and 2. (and more importantly) they lack much if any credibility among the masses, the soil.

If you notice the NAACP were no where to be found when everyone was out protesting either in the streets and/or online for the BLM/Floyd protests. My guess? They were either told to stay out of it, or thought if they did, they would lose white people's money.

Finally, these groups that pretend to speak for Black voices need to get pressure for things like backing reparations and demanding Black specific things from the Democrats or no vote.
    NAACP
    CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS
    UNCONSCIOUS BLACK AMERICANS
    You hate to say it but can’t help seeing it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes. More of our people are into farming and ranching. It is so great to see. As I scroll online, I do see more Black investment websites popping up with small loans. Unfortunately, I do not see big loans with many of these websites. We already know why. I don't think we should go after the Black folks with the extra big wealth because they are all Boule. All of them. There are some good ones who have like several million dollars of wealth or $20 million, but the ones with like $100 million or $1 billion are all on the side of this wicked system. 100 percent Boule members. They are not allowed to empower Black folks. They have signed contracts stating they will not do this. I have not seen one exception yet although they do things to make it look like they want to help us.

I do agree with you that not enough of us are serious. The Black manufacturers of general merchandise items that people will use over and over again have the responsibility of getting the prices down while working with several people so we can have our own distribution network. I see this going on with other races of people. I see this with their wholesale distribution companies too. This would mean we would need our own oil company (even if small) so we can have control over the gas prices at the Black owned gas stations. Etc. Some of our people want to buy cheaply from others, but they want to charge ridiculous prices when they start a business. Smh. We can and will do better as a collective.
    More skin in the game is needed. I think if we start from the bottom and work up, we can see change. Start with families and education for kids. We can't rely on the state or the government, we all know they have done nothing but screw us over for decades. So many schools in black areas end up run down and close, they just don't get funding. Do black parents even have home school options? That is something I would love to see. Online programs ran by black folks to help our kids get a good start.