The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Reparations

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Can FBA continue to resist those who oppose our reparation.Can we continue the fight without wavering,can FBA uplift themselves to a place of self destiny,are we waiting for some other group to do our job
There are a lot of discussions on this .. My opinion, we need to work both avenues .. I'm for self reparations , all of us contribute 38cents a day, even a third of us.. that's a billion dollars+ per year! We can do it ourselves, but we allow ourselves to get duped and build theirs vs building ours .. if you are interested. baf.solutions , Black Achievement Fund , it's like Garvey 2.0 (as much as it can be in these times) ..

.. but basically, we are waiting for ppl to do it for us, putting all our eggs in politics (of which, we do have some parties that are African centered, we just don't seek them out or know about them en masse).. this whole politics thing, it's like a game of chess, and you are the pawns ... Can the pawn win? Yes, but they have to think strategically, and better yet, create their own game where they are in a better winning position ... We are reactionary, to a large degree ,... We need to start destabilizing ish like they do in other countries ... Work together, but alas :)

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Without a doubt. Of course we can. We are codified. Unwavering.
As long as we continue to be solution focused nothing and no one (I mean nobody) can stand in our way.
We can produce our own justice.
I recognize the language Neely Fuller :)

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
There are a lot of discussions on this .. My opinion, we need to work both avenues .. I'm for self reparations , all of us contribute 38cents a day, even a third of us.. that's a billion dollars+ per year! We can do it ourselves, but we allow ourselves to get duped and build theirs vs building ours .. if you are interested. baf.solutions , Black Achievement Fund , it's like Garvey 2.0 (as much as it can be in these times) ..

.. but basically, we are waiting for ppl to do it for us, putting all our eggs in politics (of which, we do have some parties that are African centered, we just don't seek them out or know about them en masse).. this whole politics thing, it's like a game of chess, and you are the pawns ... Can the pawn win? Yes, but they have to think strategically, and better yet, create their own game where they are in a better winning position ... We are reactionary, to a large degree ,... We need to start destabilizing ish like they do in other countries ... Work together, but alas :)

Baf solutions sounds great. I'll definitely look into it. But I still want what is owed to my family.
Removing ourselves from their political system is the strategy.
Not the only one in action at the moment either.
I do agree though. We need to do any and everything we can to achieve the results we want for our people.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Baf solutions sounds great. I'll definitely look into it. But I still want what is owed to my family.
Removing ourselves from their political system is the strategy.
Not the only one in action at the moment either.
I do agree though. We need to do any and everything we can to achieve the results we want for our people.
Oh yeah, we are definitely owed , can't stop pushing forward. I'll be surprised to see it, personally ... There are many ways though, not just direct funds ... Many ppl will get hung up on that, bc there is a lack of out of the box thinking in government, so ... It might be a while, or not, I don't know ... It's *somewhat* upsetting that this country could have avoided some of the turmoil between sects if they would have cut check in the beginning , and it probably would have been cheaper for them... I'm open to all avenues, whatever we can do .. new ideas, action plans, I'm all for it

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

Your black achievement fund isn’t reparations though.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Your black achievement fund isn’t reparations though.
    Good point Bro. The definition is something someone gives to right a wrong. Actual reparations may or may not take a minute. Also, one can argue would one really be repaired by monetary attempts.

Cooperative economics is a start, something we can be proactive on, and something we need to be practicing 365. We can do it ourselves or we can hope that white men will do the right thing.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Good point Bro. The definition is something someone gives to right a wrong. Actual reparations may or may not take a minute. Also, one can argue would one really be repaired by monetary attempts.

Cooperative economics is a start, something we can be proactive on, and something we need to be practicing 365. We can do it ourselves or we can hope that white men will do the right thing.
    I hear that but we need both. We can be laser eyes on group economics and reparations at the same time and need to be.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Can FBA continue to resist those who oppose our reparation.Can we continue the fight without wavering,can FBA uplift themselves to a place of self destiny,are we waiting for some other group to do our job
    Yes. Disaggregation is essential for survival. Some people are cowards and don't want to fight. Others are lazy or comfortable. Sacrifice is a thankless job most times. We can't expect the majority to wake us and be new people overnight with such bullying and programming going on. We don't have access to the mechanisms to reprogram like the dominant society. Keep going and don't worry about the rest. Support like-minds and leave the slow bus folks behind.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You bet FBA/B1 can continue to fight for what is owed to us! It will be difficult but the B1 (many aren't btw) are no strangers to fighting and for the long run. Here's an article I wrote in support of reparations especially and specifically as it relates to child welfare. Check it out!

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You bet FBA/B1 can continue to fight for what is owed to us! It will be difficult but the B1 (many aren't btw) are no strangers to fighting and for the long run. Here's an article I wrote in support of reparations especially and specifically as it relates to child welfare. Check it out!
    I agree, Sis drop that link to your piece so we can check it out. They owe us for so much we need to demand it until the day we cannot anymore. We all need to be withholding labor, resources, or whatever until they pay up.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree, Sis drop that link to your piece so we can check it out. They owe us for so much we need to demand it until the day we cannot anymore. We all need to be withholding labor, resources, or whatever until they pay up.
    I thought I did. Here is the link below:-)

https://link.medium.com/tWAzhH6PHpb

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That was a great read. I've worked in the child welfare system and been a victim of it too while in foster care. The child welfare system was built similarly to take Black children and put them in a debtors prison of sorts, making the kids work for their food while being abused by their overseers. I think they don't talk about it because then you'd have to get into the cruelty and polite barbarism of White women, and they don't wanna touch that with a 10-foot pole.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That was a great read. I've worked in the child welfare system and been a victim of it too while in foster care. The child welfare system was built similarly to take Black children and put them in a debtors prison of sorts, making the kids work for their food while being abused by their overseers. I think they don't talk about it because then you'd have to get into the cruelty and polite barbarism of White women, and they don't wanna touch that with a 10-foot pole.
    Thanks for reading sis! I appreciate your giving me some analysis as to why people don't wanna talk about CPS publicly. It's like pulling teeth trying to make this issue just as prominent as criminal injustice reform even though this issue continues to negativity impact over 50 percent of Blk families with 1 in 10 Blk children being removed. It's a lonely fight but one I will never give up on.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Without a doubt. Of course we can. We are codified. Unwavering.
    As long as we continue to be solution focused nothing and no one (I mean nobody) can stand in our way.
    We can produce our own justice.
    I agree. Purchasing land allows you to attain and exact justice how you see fit.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I thought I did. Here is the link below:-)

https://link.medium.com/tWAzhH6PHpb
    As a former worker in the child welfare system in colorado, I can attest to the extreme racial discrimination that takes place.
    Had a case where a mother had to discipline her child. In no way was it abuse more like discipline in a two parent household. They tried to get me to take their child anyway. When I didn't I waa black balled to the point they lied on me to stain my name at the company. Needless to say I know what you mean and that experience led me to leave the system and purchase my own land. Been off grid a year. Time to separate and build. In no way can this system be reformed. Time to create another like we have always done

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As a former worker in the child welfare system in colorado, I can attest to the extreme racial discrimination that takes place.
    Had a case where a mother had to discipline her child. In no way was it abuse more like discipline in a two parent household. They tried to get me to take their child anyway. When I didn't I waa black balled to the point they lied on me to stain my name at the company. Needless to say I know what you mean and that experience led me to leave the system and purchase my own land. Been off grid a year. Time to separate and build. In no way can this system be reformed. Time to create another like we have always done
    #AbolishCPS!

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, the key is getting the message out. The message must be received by as many in our community as humanly possible.

It can be done but the black community as a whole must be on code and be unwavering and non-compromising.
    That's the key to all, on code ... We could change the situation quickly, but that's the clincher.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    #AbolishCPS!
    I know about CPS ... It's frustrating, like are the teachers gonna step in when cops get called?! It's a situation, which made me realize even more, those teachers could be Daughters of Confederacy, and we trust them like that.. different topic, but this system is something