Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    What Biden says and what any president says at the SOTU address is cap. I'm focused on 'how' the Republicans acted.
    Before Obama, the SOTU was civil. It was not just rude, but seen as completely disrespectful to the office of the presidency to say anything. You could clap if you agreed. Stayed silent if you didn't agree with whatever was said. However, starting with Obama, Republicans started yelling out while the President was speaking.

They are doing it now under Biden. I can't recall if the Democrats did any during Trump. Maybe they did, I didn't watch it.

A whole lot has happened since Obama in 2009. A lot of rudeness, slickness regarding tradition, manners, etc. It's pretty much out the window. The 2006 Capital riot is unheard of. What surprised the most (although it shouldn't) was the reaction of white folks. Not just politicians but the Republican masses. 20 years ago, the Republican party would have made sure they were punished so their name, their party wouldn't be associated with any kind of coup. The opposite happened.

Bush contested the vote in the election with Gore. It was a bit raucous but it was civil but it was civil as one can be when a presidency is on the line. Both parties had a point. Trump contesting the election had no point. 63 lawsuits, 63 denials, mostly by judges he appointed. But Republicans to this spouting 'Stop the steal'. Complete break with facts an reality.

Why? Why all this recent complete break with civility, even reality?

Demographics. White people are triggered AF about an America where they don't think they will be in complete charge. It's scary AF to them. In their minds, twisted as it is. Equality is equal to being subjugated. In their minds, anything than their being in control is the same as slavery. Don't try to understand it. You'll just frustrate yourself. Just accept that is the thinking and defend yourself and be proactive in other ways accordingly.

ART
    ART
    It’s the moral relativity and situational ethics of white supremacy and its benefactors.

If they can't have white privilege at the expense of Black people's lives and vicariously live through slave owners, Nazis, KKK and slave masters by remaining in the most powerful modern day ownership and leadership positions that absolves them of accountability indefinitely, then they immediately feel like they're becoming a vulnerable, powerless oppressed slave.

"I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race." - Abraham Lincoln, the polite white supremacist