The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

San Francisco Has Bed Pods For Rent $700/mo.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The pods, made of steel and wood with a blackout curtain at one end, are arranged in a two-high, 14-long grid; residents share five bathrooms and a few common spaces, but don’t have a full kitchen or any laundry machines.

California is the future they want for us all. I can’t front, they look cozy but the disease and germs would be crazy.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That sounds similar to the capsule hotels in Japan:
    Tbh, I'm surprised it has taken this long for the concept to come to America.

Remember the episode of Seinfeld when Kramer turned his dresser into a sleeping pods?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Remember the episode of Seinfeld when Kramer turned his dresser into a sleeping pods?

It’s a slow ride down to the dystopian future.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The WEF said they want 15 minute cities where we are all crammed in tiny ass apartments. You see Chernobyl? Think of those apartments where all the people were stacked only make the apartment space way smaller. Your room will be a shower, toilet, sink, and pod to sleep in. That is it.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The WEF said they want 15 minute cities where we are all crammed in tiny ass apartments. You see Chernobyl? Think of those apartments where all the people were stacked only make the apartment space way smaller. Your room will be a shower, toilet, sink, and pod to sleep in. That is it.
    You'll get up, go to work, and then go back to your pod. IF we allow them to put this into play we deserve it. a

D

Deleted member 1946

The pods, made of steel and wood with a blackout curtain at one end, are arranged in a two-high, 14-long grid; residents share five bathrooms and a few common spaces, but don’t have a full kitchen or any laundry machines.

California is the future they want for us all. I can’t front, they look cozy but the disease and germs would be crazy.
    This would be attractive for those people who can't afford $2k or $3k a month.

D

Deleted member 1946

Looks cozy but I need my individual space.

D

Deleted member 1946

Yep. People's mental health will suffer as well. People do not need to be crammed in anywhere.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Japan has infrastructure similar.
    I was about to say the same. Tokyo especially is expensive as hell. I was last there in 2016. Got a hotel room for $90 (before they added all the fees) and it was basically a closet. lol Single, kiddie bed, bathroom looked like a phone booth the space between the side of the bed and the other wall, only one person could walk past.

I know folks who are in tech who will not take jobs in the bay area. The salaries tend to higher but the cost of living eliminates pretty much any higher than average salary.