The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Says Tilapia use to clean wastewater then sold to the public... DO you eat Talapia?

Miket395

(XY) 🇺🇸 #FBA Unvaccinated
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Is tilapia used to clean waste water?

Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs visits a plant where a fish farm of tilapia used to clean waste water. What's even worse is after the farmed fish are done cleaning they are sold off for human consumption. Will you be eating tilapia after watching this?

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cde_2A9g2Wf/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I'm so glad I'm plant based.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love fish, salmon is about the only fish I buy from a grocery store, not much though. It's hard to mistake salmon, the taste and look. My all time favorite is catfish, it's so expensive and not readily available in my area so I don't have it much.
    I miss fish markets,you know what you were getting then, not this switch-a-roo crap.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    If they are serious about selling that water to the public after that, they are absolutely horrible human beings. I don't have anything against the fishes but those that are using it for such purposes. How sure are they that the water is good for consumption?

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My mother told me years ago to never eat tilapia as it was one of the dirtiest fish. It is often loaded with heavy metals and mercury. So I just never ate it. No one in my family does.
    Fishes ain't my thing at all and the same thing goes with red meat as well. It's only white meat like chicken, and turkey that I manage to eat whenever it's a must for me to eat meat.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Fishes ain't my thing at all and the same thing goes with red meat as well. It's only white meat like chicken, and turkey that I manage to eat whenever it's a must for me to eat meat.
    I don't eat fish very often but when I do, it is the least fish-like smelling and tasting I can find. I do enjoy salmon off the grill if it is high quality. I mostly stick with chicken myself and have beef once or twice a week. I rarely eat pork. I will have ribs a few times in the summer and the occasional Italian sausage when my mom makes them.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA