The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Shopping at Black Owned Businesses

Paid1nFull

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Do you guys make it a point to shop at Black Owned Business? Do you include Jamaican/ African restaurants in that mix? Do you think black owned businesses need to give back and work on community development or is opening up the business enough? I bring this up because a Jamaican restaurant always has latinos in the kitchen when there a lot of homeless black men in the area.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you guys make it a point to shop at Black Owned Business? Do you include Jamaican/ African restaurants in that mix? Do you think black owned businesses need to give back and work on community development or is opening up the business enough? I bring this up because a Jamaican restaurant always has latinos in the kitchen when there a lot of homeless black men in the area.
    I go in this order:

• Black American-owned
    • Black Immigrant-owned
    • Other Immigrants
    • Asian
    I try to stay away from Asian businesses altogether.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I shop at Black Owned Business where possible. The Black restaurants I go to are owned and fully staffed by black people.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    they be in there tryna pass off empanadas as beef patties?

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I have gone out of my way the past 2 years to only give my money to Black people as much as possible. I would love to find a Black dentist to throw ducats at. I got a Black doctor but she a mammy, and the rest are immigrant coons. I tried to get a Black therapist but he ended up being too zesty and also an immigrant, so after I noticed he was taking notes a lil too intently, I shut up and stopped the session. Never saw him again. Speaking of, I need to buy some equipment from Redstone while my money is still good.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have gone out of my way the past 2 years to only give my money to Black people as much as possible. I would love to find a Black dentist to throw ducats at. I got a Black doctor but she a mammy, and the rest are immigrant coons. I tried to get a Black therapist but he ended up being too zesty and also an immigrant, so after I noticed he was taking notes a lil too intently, I shut up and stopped the session. Never saw him again. Speaking of, I need to buy some equipment from Redstone while my money is still good.
    I really want a Black American primary care physician badly man.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always go out of my way t support Black business but only if they have Black employees.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Before blacks are pushed to set up a business of their own, they have seen hell, toiled and struggled so much before they succeed. So, yes I always make it a habit of patronizing them first because I understand what they have been through before getting that set up and they always contribute to the community by employing blacks as well.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Black owned businesses will always be my first spot as far as my shopping goes. I find it very difficult to shop at a White's shop because it always make me feel like I'm being more stupid. If I can avoid them completely, I'd do that because I believe that it's far more better to help ourselves grow more.