The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should the WNBA add more teams to their league?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
I recently noticed that the WNBA only has 12 teams, compared to the NBA who has 30 teams. Reason I bring it up, is because I think they could easily add more teams into the mix. But, what cities would you like to see get one? I mean, if we can get another 12 teams in the WNBA, that would equal out to 24 and I think that's enough.

Would you like to see the WNBA get more teams? I think the more female basketball stars playing, the better.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
The WNBA needs to work on being a product that can generate income, and adding teams is not going to do that. Their most successful team(the Houston Comets) doesn't exist anymore. Somehow softball and college women's basketball is more entertaining...but it doesn't translate well to professional basketball. They need a superstar that can get eyes on TVs and butts in seats.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The WNBA needs to work on being a product that can generate income, and adding teams is not going to do that. Their most successful team(the Houston Comets) doesn't exist anymore. Somehow softball and college women's basketball is more entertaining...but it doesn't translate well to professional basketball. They need a superstar that can get eyes on TVs and butts in seats.

I wish they would lower the hoop but the woman would never allow it because it would be further proof that they are not as physically dominant as men.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No they can’t. WNBA only exists cause the NBA wants it to. I think I read somewhere that the league hasn’t turned a profit since 1997. It started in 1996.
    it’s a tax write off league. Lower the rim, get some dunking going, increase the ball IQ, and tone down the dike shit.

WNBA is like watching the worst two D-league teams playing each other.