The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Single On Friday Night...

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We need to get you a man to snuggle up with.

ArYkathaGOAT
    ArYkathaGOAT
    😭🤣😆😂💀😫😆 ....
    ☕ I was in a relationship for 11 years.
    I've now been single for about 3years...
    In my mind I need to be/stay single for the same number of years I was in the relationship. ☕😫😆
    I am 💯% a mess ✓😭🤣.
    Serena Williams Laughing GIF by Qai Qai

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I listen to Kendra G once in a while as well for comedy.

It also speaks volumes on how truly messed up being black and dating is these days. With very few exceptions, very few of the people are datable.

Her show also shows just how much we as a people are desperately looking for attention. Even if it makes us look bad.

I watch her show and makes my own issues look small...lol

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I notice on Kendra G the vast majority or people are over 30, usually 35 and above. Not many in their 20s.

While I do think dating in the Black community is tough for any age demographic, its much harder over 35 from what I can tell.

Maybe that's why so many are non Gen Zers on her show.

I have family in their early 20s and the women say dating sucks, bad!. This is coming from the ones I consider good catches. They are in shape, feminine, smart, very nice young ladies. As for the young cousin men, a few have pretty much given up. They are laid back, quiet, gamers, smart, have great jobs (tech, etc). They have told me sisters are a bit aggressive/masculine traits. Maybe its them, maybe its the young sistas, maybe its both.

All I know is anyone wanting a monogamous committed relationship are saying its next to impossible.

Most of the brothas on Kendra G I wouldn't introduce to any of my female friends or relatives. I wouldn't date pretty much any of the sistas, I'm sad to say. I'm not tryna say I'm a great catch myself but I have a few deal breakers.

Lastly, what annoys me on her show is most of the women who want to be chosen but aren't prepared when chosen by saying they didn't expect to be. For me its so annoying, I'd say no just off that. Sorry, its sooo annoying.

As for the brothers, I can tell instantly, they aren't relationship ready.

Lastly, I think a good percentage, men and women, mostly women, to clout chase. It's their 15 minutes of fame. They are desperate for attention and may get lucky to get someone way above their level.

There are a few earnest good sistas and brothas the Kendra Kousins roast them in the comments wrongly I think.

Anyway, what is obvious is our community is desperate need of access to quality mental health.