Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Snowfall The Final Season

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Should I start from Season 1 or can I hop on now?
Start at the beginning. Page 1. Also, if you haven't watched any of the series, then stay out of spoiler-filled threads like this one. No need to ruin the experience for yourself.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Start at the beginning. Page 1. Also, if you haven't watched any of the series, then stay out of spoiler-filled threads like this one. No need to ruin the experience for yourself.
Love Snowfall! ❤️

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    If you watch Snowfall and Godfather of Harlem you start to connect the dots of how involved the US Government is in the drug trade and destroying the Black Community....from the Vietnam heroine trade 60's 70's to Iran contra coccaine crack 80's 90's to poppy fields and opium of Afghanistan 00's to the present you understand what the US gross national product is.....yeah I said it!

SmileyO

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you watch Snowfall and Godfather of Harlem you start to connect the dots of how involved the US Government is in the drug trade and destroying the Black Community....from the Vietnam heroine trade 60's 70's to Iran contra coccaine crack 80's 90's to poppy fields and opium of Afghanistan 00's to the present you understand what the US gross national product is.....yeah I said it!
    I really enjoy watching these shows very interesting shows

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    It's getting deep for the family.......1 more episode before the finale!!
    You're hitting on ALL the good series, ZxBro! ✊🏽

SmileyO

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    200.gif
    Jerome noooo

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    He only stayed to make her happy....he loved her more than himself Lee's wife did the right thing and got out of the way.
    She wanted to continue the business, Lee was done. Then, she ended up being kidnapped & tortured. Lee ended up dead saving her. I bet she wished she left with him then, he'd still be alive & they'd be living it up in Jamaica. 🤷🏽‍♀️

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    She wanted to continue the business, Lee was done. Then, she ended up being kidnapped & tortured. Lee ended up dead saving her. I bet she wished she left with him then, he'd still be alive & they'd be living it up in Jamaica. 🤷🏽‍♀️
    No you're talking about Jerome.....Lee is the one who went to Africa and got married to the girl that used to be a crackhead SHE was the one who got out before everything went down Auntie was married to Jerome.....she's the hard headed one that got her husband killed....

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    No you're talking about Jerome.....Lee is the one who went to Africa and got married to the girl that used to be a crackhead SHE was the one who got out before everything went down Auntie was married to Jerome.....she's the hard headed one that got her husband killed....
    You're right, I forgot about Lee & his wife. I was stuck after Jerome got killed. Lee should've listened also. His wife wanted to remain in Africa.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes that ending was bittersweet I would hope that the writers room grows from the John Singleton tree......he was an awesome director and writer. R.I.P. ✊🏿💯
    The GOAT Walter Mosley was cooking in that writers room, too. IMO, nobody can write L.A. crime stories like Walter Mosley. I hope they bring Mr. Mosley back to write for the spinoff series, too.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The GOAT Walter Mosley was cooking in that writers room, too. IMO, nobody can write L.A. crime stories like Walter Mosley. I hope they bring Mr. Mosley back to write for the spinoff series, too.
    Didn't know they were doing a spin off I'll have to research that!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I just finished binge watching all 6 seasons. WOW!! What I got out of the ending was that fast money, especially drug money, rarely ends well.

I know this from personal observation. My area had 1 guy who exited the game and become millionaire. Everyone else became one of: jail, dead, addicted, broke.

The one person who normally would be dead in the streets or doing life is Leon Guys like him, end up dead before they reach 30 or in the level 4 SHU in Pelican Bay. I have been to the slave fort he and his girl went to. Its called Cape Coast. I cried, unashamedly, seeing the dungeons and hearing the story. I couldn't help it. Didn't care to help it. If you ever visit it will hit you like ton of bricks. The sea so calm and hearing it nicknamed 'the place of no return'. Once happy, just minding our business, stolen, shipped to the killing fields in America, the Caribbean, Brazil, etc. and find ourselves here 400 years later.

We've all seen good girls like Melody get caught up. The tv show spared her. Girls that cute, on crack end up getting sexually abused early in the game. Glad to she made it out.

Jerome and his girl, Aunt Louie is sad. I liked her. A lot. I hated how she had to spend her life running. Sadly it won't last.

Franklin's LA accent got better over time but I really didn't buy it and then looked him up and saw that he is British. Anyway, I saw the ending and his character as reminiscent of Tony Montana in Scarface. The quick drug money changed them into monsters. It's a recurring theme in many stories.

Skully is from LA in real life and actually did time for manslaughter years ago. His accent was authentic. I could tell he is a native Angeleno.

The rape scene in season one may or may not have been based on a story I heard once. In the '70s I thnk, two guys who had done time and raped in prison were hired to get info from a guy on his money and spent the night repeatedly raping him with a gun to his head.

Excellent series, moral of the story, there are rarely any 'winners' in that game. Especially if you stay in it.