Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Solar Panels

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Would you ever use solar panels on your house? I've seen houses around here with them and I always thought it was a cool concept. I've heard it ends up causing more problems and can be more expensive though. What are your thoughts on them?
I want some but when I’m able to go off-grid. I don’t want one of those setups that just go into the power grid. My pal has some in his house and pays $10/month for electricity and has AC and a Jacuzzi.

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I'm not sure to be honest. I know that there are a lot of options for solar power installation, and I have looked into it somewhat. I know there are some you can get installed that will serve your local power company, as in any power saved, will go to your power company, and I think you get a decrease in your electricity price at the end of the month.

But, I know some want to go remote and not be on the electrical grid, which would require a different setup I imagine.

One of these days I want to install them onto my home. I hear you can get tax write-offs or breaks and stuff for installing solar panels on your home, so there's that too.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I like the concept but I feel like there is more value in using a backup generator right now. Like solar panels are great but there is no way to dispose of them without them actually causing harm to us or the environment. They are built to only last like 15 or 20 years and there is no proper disposal for them yet. On a smaller scale, I think it is worth having something as a just-in-case measure but I won't be loading up my house with them until they are improved.

Devin

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Would you ever use solar panels on your house? I've seen houses around here with them and I always thought it was a cool concept. I've heard it ends up causing more problems and can be more expensive though. What are your thoughts on them?
This is an excellent question! As of right now, no, I would not invest in Solar Panels. Solar Panels are relatively new for consumer use and the pricing is extremely high. However, I have heard nothing other than good reviews regarding Solar Panels. In the future, when the pricing comes down, I believe it would be a great way to save on energy costs and produce your own electricity for your house and appliances. We will just have to see how it all plays out with pricing.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was actually thinking about getting a small system for my house. I'm a renter but I already got the go-ahead to get some set up. I just have to pay if there are any damages to the roof. Assuming they get installed properly it shouldn't be an issue. Just trying to figure out how much this all would cost.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was actually thinking about getting a small system for my house. I'm a renter but I already got the go-ahead to get some set up. I just have to pay if there are any damages to the roof. Assuming they get installed properly it shouldn't be an issue. Just trying to figure out how much this all would cost.
    This is where you have to be very careful with the company that you choose to handle the installation of the panels because they are the only one's that can mess things up for you.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is where you have to be very careful with the company that you choose to handle the installation of the panels because they are the only one's that can mess things up for you.
    This is why I am still sitting on it as an idea. I don't want to pay for something and then they mess the owner's house up and I am stuck paying the repair costs of the roof!

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is why I am still sitting on it as an idea. I don't want to pay for something and then they mess the owner's house up and I am stuck paying the repair costs of the roof!
    The last time I had my roof messed up, it wasn't funny at all and I had no idea till it started raining. The shit messed up my home in a way that I never expected.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The last time I had my roof messed up, it wasn't funny at all and I had no idea till it started raining. The shit messed up my home in a way that I never expected.
    Yeah that can be a costly mistake. Since I don't own the place, I don't want to be responsible if something goes wrong. Going to look into options that don't involve the roof. lol

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah that can be a costly mistake. Since I don't own the place, I don't want to be responsible if something goes wrong. Going to look into options that don't involve the roof. lol
    It's very important that you try as much as possible to avoid getting into that kind of unnecessary expenses of fixing the roof should they damage it.

If it's possible to build a raft up top where the panels can be mounted, then it's better.

bomb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    What problems? I don't have solar panels, but not because they are harmful or something, just that they're not practical where i live. Honestly, i haven't heard of any bad or negative effect of solar. Maybe for the battery connected to it. But with Li-ion batteries, renewable energy is much safer.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Love this question. Not only do I use them I have lived off grid with them going on almost a year. I ordered 4 renogy solar panels from Amazon for a grand. Easy set up. I live in colorado where we get 300 days of sun so it's run like a champ. I play my ps4, I run internet as well as keep all my electrical devices charged. It only costs a grand for the 4 panels. I have learned that once you have 4 panels the key is to get solar batteries. They increase your amp hours to the point its like living on grid. I have also researched bouge RV which offers solar powered appliances like freezers. There is also a solar set up out here called Solar set which is like a huge solar powered station with numerous panels and solar generators. They even make solar panel water pumps for wells as well as solar lights and electric fencing. When it comes to black freedom and reestablishing our black cities solar panels are pivotal in that the government can't turn off your power. I am a huge proponent of off grid living. Solar is a major part of that. Last thing they work just as well in the dead of winter!!!

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Love this question. Not only do I use them I have lived off grid with them going on almost a year. I ordered 4 renogy solar panels from Amazon for a grand. Easy set up. I live in colorado where we get 300 days of sun so it's run like a champ. I play my ps4, I run internet as well as keep all my electrical devices charged. It only costs a grand for the 4 panels. I have learned that once you have 4 panels the key is to get solar batteries. They increase your amp hours to the point its like living on grid. I have also researched bouge RV which offers solar powered appliances like freezers. There is also a solar set up out here called Solar set which is like a huge solar powered station with numerous panels and solar generators. They even make solar panel water pumps for wells as well as solar lights and electric fencing. When it comes to black freedom and reestablishing our black cities solar panels are pivotal in that the government can't turn off your power. I am a huge proponent of off grid living. Solar is a major part of that. Last thing they work just as well in the dead of winter!!!

I have some. They are quite expensive but a good long term investment! I got a deal on mine due to some unusual circumstances though so it worked out okay!
    That's what's up. The most expensive part for me is the solar batteries. 326 a pop and I could use at least 4. I only spent like 980 for the 4 panels. It may have been cheaper since im im colorado. I know the charge controller and initial set up can be a hurdle but you can infinitely add om panels for like 100 a pop. Great long term investment indeed.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Solar panels are very commonly used in my neighborhood. It's even more cost efficient than running petrol on generator from my analysis of the two of them. You can decide what you want to have run on your solar system with the inverter. The bigger it gets, the more inverter batteries it's going to require.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Solar panels are very commonly used in my neighborhood. It's even more cost efficient than running petrol on generator from my analysis of the two of them. You can decide what you want to have run on your solar system with the inverter. The bigger it gets, the more inverter batteries it's going to require.
    The longer the technology is around the cheaper it gets. When I first bought mine it was a grand. In showing others I took a screenshot to post . The same set I bought which includes 4 panels and set up equipment was 607!!

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I use the solar panel at the moment, and it is the best decision hubby and I have made. Even though we still have a backup generator.
    The Solar Panel has been very helpful
    Solar provided a complete life hack for my family and I. Been off grid almost a year with just 4 panels. Amazing technology.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    The longer the technology is around the cheaper it gets. When I first bought mine it was a grand. In showing others I took a screenshot to post . The same set I bought which includes 4 panels and set up equipment was 607!!
    That's how all technology based gadgets works. Look at what's going on in the smartphone world especially with iPhones. Whenever a new release comes out, it's always very expensive but with time, it gets sold cheaper. The same thing would be applicable to solar panels.