Prove Me Wrong

The place for serious debate on thought-provoking and controversial topics.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Some Black Americans Are Losing Focus On the Real Enemy

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    It is my opinion that some Black Americans are losing focus on what Black Empowerment is about. Instead of collaborating with other Black people to build the future we want, we focus on attacking Black people who we say are NOT building the future that we want. We end up with a pie in the sky mentality hoping that someone will fix our ills. At one time it was Jesus and today it's a reparations check.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is my opinion that some Black Americans are losing focus on what Black Empowerment is about. Instead of collaborating with other Black people to build the future we want, we focus on attacking Black people who we say are NOT building the future that we want. We end up with a pie in the sky mentality hoping that someone will fix our ills. At one time it was Jesus and today it's a reparations check.
    This unfortunately very true. I think it plays to the fact it's easier to criticize the next man rather than one putting in the work themselves. I think social media exacerbated the issue cause now criticizing can lead to more clicks and views. Whereas truly putting in the work may not be as glamorous on the day to day.

We as a people need to learn it's ok to move in a circle if the circle involves setting an agenda or goal getting everyone to put in reour es to accomplish stated goal accomplish said goal then repeat. That's a limitless conversation but it leads to continuous action which builds a sense of unity.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What also frustrates me is how quickly some of us are always critiquing someone black. For instance the the other thread in this section. We can debate but are we really debating the merits of Jason Black and MLK?? Our open enemy should have our undivided attention instead we get tribal about who we should or should not listen to in the B1 community. Can we keep the main thing the main thing which is fighting white supremacy.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Brother Honorable, WE haven't lost focus, WE never had it. How can we expect Unity when nothing has been Unified?
    It’s a great point and I cannot argue against it. How do you think we can go about creating unity?

Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    "CONCLUSIONS." 👩🏿‍⚖️ We MUST begin to CONCLUDE matters. Through REASON & TRUTH, not EMOTION & FALSE. I'll use your former example, "Jesus." If there were NO "J's" up until about 600-700yrs ago, then His name CAN NOT be "Jesus!" That's not Emotion, that's not opinion, that is REASON and TRUTH. Next, we ACCEPT that Truth, we hold that Truth to be SELF-EVIDENT and then we EXPEL those who are against that Truth. Those who are left, are now UNIFIED. And then it will only be a matter of time before that UNITY destroys their CONFUSION.
    The Honorable
    The Honorable
    Excellent response Ehyeseph Ehyeh and exactly how we should be thinking as a community. We need to relegate dogmas to tradition and be guided by logic and reason. It's the only way we will be able to ensure our collective survival.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    It’s a great point and I cannot argue against it. How do you think we can go about creating unity?
    I haven't seen it since Malcolm, Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad, Huey & the Black Panthers.

The Honorable
    The Honorable
    Unfortunately you are correct.
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    This is my point Aunti Gwyn, you didn't see it. There were more Christian "Black" people than NOI. The Christians had many denominations and the NOIslamists LITERALLY became our example of Co-Intel Pro. True or False?