Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

SONY: Virtual Environments That Adapt To The Player's Emotions

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sony has recently patented a system that aims to analyze a player’s emotional state while playing games, with the purpose of seamlessly adjusting the virtual environment based on the player’s emotional response. All this is done in order to improve the immersive experience of a game.

The emotional state of a player can have a significant impact on their immersion in a video game. For example, it may be challenging for a player to focus on a video game and become fully involved in the virtual environment if they are feeling worried or stressed. If someone is playing a story-driven game while being sad or depressed, they may be more likely to empathize with a character's emotional struggles, which results in a higher level of immersion. On the other hand, if a gamer is playing a horror game while feeling afraid, they may perceive the game world as more dangerous and threatening, again increasing the level of immersiveness.

I want to know what ya'll think about this kind of tech. It sort of freaks me out a bit. I am paranoid about certain tech and I think if we push to heavy in this direction, it could result in our downfall. Maybe I watched too many movies about the topic but I can't see this stuff being used to benefits us.