The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Spike Lee does not believe the official 9/11 report: ‘I got questions’

Lamont

Sixer
zBucks
I want to state that the following article is rather biased but it does not take away from the fact that Spike Lee does not believe the official story.

Spike Lee is living up to his outspoken reputation again. The controversial filmmaker is dropping bombshell statements about 9/11 conspiracy theories while on the promotion trail for his new HBO documentary series, “New York Epicenters: 9/11-2021½.”

The “Do the Right Thing” director has admitted that he doesn’t buy into “official explanations” of the terrorist attacks that devastated the world on September 11, 2001, while speaking with the New York Times on Monday.

In addition to the usual talking heads — Mayor Bill de Blasio, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sen. Chuck Schumer, front-line workers — the Oscar-winning filmmaker’s new four-part docu-series also features full-blown conspiracy theorists who perpetuate the notorious notion that jet fuel can’t melt metal beams.

Lee said he’s just fine with that: “I mean, I got questions — and I hope that maybe the legacy of this documentary is that Congress holds a hearing, a congressional hearing about 9/11.”

The incendiary remarks started when Times reporter Reggie Ugwu called Lee out for featuring several members of the conspiracy group Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth in his series, as its members have infamously suggested that government officials were somehow involved in the World Trade Center collapse.

“The amount of heat that it takes to make steel melt, that temperature’s not reached,” Lee said. “And then the juxtaposition of the way Building 7 fell to the ground — when you put it next to other building collapses that were demolitions, it’s like you’re looking at the same thing.”

He continued, “But people going to make up their own mind. My approach is put the information in the movie and let people decide for themselves. I respect the intelligence of the audience.”

Ugwu also confronted Lee about why he encourages the public to question the official findings on 9/11 — but chooses not to tout conspiracy theories about COVID-19 vaccines or voting fraud during the 2020 election.

Lee was characteristically blunt in his refusal to make excuses for any perceived hypocrisies in his public stances.

“People are going to think what they think, regardless. I’m not dancing around your question. People are going to think what they think,” he said. “People have called me a racist for ‘Do the Right Thing.’ People said in ‘Mo’ Better Blues’ I was anti-Semitic. ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ that was misogynist. People are going to just think what they think. And you know what? I’m still here, going on four decades of filmmaking.”

Lee has not responded to The Post’s request for comment about his new project

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I never believed it. I always said it was an inside job. I don't care what people call me because of it. I have not trusted the government since I was 10 years old and old enough to know what it was. They are snakes. I don't care what side or labels they use, they are almost always snakes. If they aren't, they become snakes over time through the corruption of power, money, and green.

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
Honestly, I have no idea what to believe. I believe there's a lot more to the story than what the government says, they always seem to leave more out. How does something like 9-11 even happen? I just realized it's been 20 years, it still feels like it happened recently.

But yeah, there's probably a lot of stuff we weren't told. Something this big, there's probably tons of hidden details we still don't know.

Prankster

Sixer
zBucks
Honestly, I have no idea what to believe. I believe there's a lot more to the story than what the government says, they always seem to leave more out. How does something like 9-11 even happen? I just realized it's been 20 years, it still feels like it happened recently.

But yeah, there's probably a lot of stuff we weren't told. Something this big, there's probably tons of hidden details we still don't know.
Yeah I agree. There has to be more to the story, that's just how stuff like that goes. We're never really told everything.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never believed it. I always said it was an inside job. I don't care what people call me because of it. I have not trusted the government since I was 10 years old and old enough to know what it was. They are snakes. I don't care what side or labels they use, they are almost always snakes. If they aren't, they become snakes over time through the corruption of power, money, and green.

I remember when I was in the military I was saying this and someone pulled me aside and said "hey Jay, you know you just can't be saying stuff like that out loud...there's people in here that will kill you if they heard it". Me:

Tonight Show Oh Snap GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Remember, it's a tactic the Nazi's used. The Nazis burned down the Reichstag building and blamed it on the Communists to get the public's support in going after them.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I remember when I was in the military I was saying this and someone pulled me aside and said "hey Jay, you know you just can't be saying stuff like that out loud...there's people in here that will kill you if they heard it". Me:

Tonight Show Oh Snap GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
    A friend I had joined when he was 18. This was back in like 2009 I think. He said part of the training he had to go through was conditional training where if it was requested, he would be willing to kill his own family without second-guessing it. I can't imagine what they are doing now. How long ago did you serve?

E

educatedman23

I want to state that the following article is rather biased but it does not take away from the fact that Spike Lee does not believe the official story.

Spike Lee is living up to his outspoken reputation again. The controversial filmmaker is dropping bombshell statements about 9/11 conspiracy theories while on the promotion trail for his new HBO documentary series, “New York Epicenters: 9/11-2021½.”

The “Do the Right Thing” director has admitted that he doesn’t buy into “official explanations” of the terrorist attacks that devastated the world on September 11, 2001, while speaking with the New York Times on Monday.

In addition to the usual talking heads — Mayor Bill de Blasio, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Sen. Chuck Schumer, front-line workers — the Oscar-winning filmmaker’s new four-part docu-series also features full-blown conspiracy theorists who perpetuate the notorious notion that jet fuel can’t melt metal beams.

Lee said he’s just fine with that: “I mean, I got questions — and I hope that maybe the legacy of this documentary is that Congress holds a hearing, a congressional hearing about 9/11.”

The incendiary remarks started when Times reporter Reggie Ugwu called Lee out for featuring several members of the conspiracy group Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth in his series, as its members have infamously suggested that government officials were somehow involved in the World Trade Center collapse.

“The amount of heat that it takes to make steel melt, that temperature’s not reached,” Lee said. “And then the juxtaposition of the way Building 7 fell to the ground — when you put it next to other building collapses that were demolitions, it’s like you’re looking at the same thing.”

He continued, “But people going to make up their own mind. My approach is put the information in the movie and let people decide for themselves. I respect the intelligence of the audience.”

Ugwu also confronted Lee about why he encourages the public to question the official findings on 9/11 — but chooses not to tout conspiracy theories about COVID-19 vaccines or voting fraud during the 2020 election.

Lee was characteristically blunt in his refusal to make excuses for any perceived hypocrisies in his public stances.

“People are going to think what they think, regardless. I’m not dancing around your question. People are going to think what they think,” he said. “People have called me a racist for ‘Do the Right Thing.’ People said in ‘Mo’ Better Blues’ I was anti-Semitic. ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ that was misogynist. People are going to just think what they think. And you know what? I’m still here, going on four decades of filmmaking.”

Lee has not responded to The Post’s request for comment about his new project

I was a child when 9/11 happened. I knew something was wrong when certain videos were deleted and certain people were pushed to the forefront. There were a lot of people who were by chance looking up admiring the towers and they said they did not see a plane approaching but only an explosion which came out of the building. The witnesses who saw this and tried to tell the news the truth were killed. This is how you know our leaders are sellouts. They would not have been able to pull this off without the president, mayor, very top of the military, news executives, etc. being a bunch of wicked people whose job it is to create as much misery and pain onto the rest of the population as possible. Anybody who has eyes can tell the official version of what happened stunk to high heaven. How did tower 7 come down when it was not even hit by a "plane"? How did the pentagon get "hit" when they have more security and weapons around that building than any other building in the US (besides the White House)?

E

educatedman23

I one million percent approve of this statement. Good leaders usually are corrupted over time because the temptations become too strong. They need to have folks around them that will protect them as well as keep them grounded which will reduce the chances of this happening.