Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Streets of Rage movie to be created by John Wick creator

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
This is news I didn't expect. One of my favorite childhood beat'em'ups is getting its own movie. I would have thought a movie on Streets of Rage would have happened many years ago. But I guess now is the time. And to make things even better, the creator of John Wick is writing the script. So that in itself is a good sign to me. I really enjoy the John Wick movies, and can't wait for JW4 in 2023. But this sounds cool too.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.23.08 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 191

This is news I didn't expect. One of my favorite childhood beat'em'ups is getting its own movie. I would have thought a movie on Streets of Rage would have happened many years ago. But I guess now is the time. And to make things even better, the creator of John Wick is writing the script. So that in itself is a good sign to me. I really enjoy the John Wick movies, and can't wait for JW4 in 2023. But this sounds cool too.

View attachment 5053
This is happy news! Don't make Adam or Skate gay though please.......

D

Deleted member 191

If they can land it, I am all for it. I love movies based on video games but very few people have gotten them right. I don't know why it is so hard. Just follow what Japan does and do solid story telling like anime.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
They screw it up because they want to put their OWN spin on it. Most recently, Uncharted was a really the best effort I've seen to this point.

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
They screw it up because they want to put their OWN spin on it. Most recently, Uncharted was a really the best effort I've seen to this point.
The sonic movies have been pretty decent too. I wish they would leave the human parts out of it. But you know Hollywood cannot have a movie without a white person in the lead role. Not even Sonic is safe…he had to play second fiddle to a cop in his own movie.

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
With the dude behind John Wick being involved, I have some faith in this being good. But hollywood can always jump in and cause changes to make it worse.

I think video game based movies are getting better these days. Sonic like everyone said has done an okay job. I still would prefer Sonic in his own world instead of mixed with real life people, but you get what you get I guess.

As for this movie, I hope it turns out good. I like the action that the John Wick movies have, as they really do a good with choreography. If they have the same crew that was involved with John Wick, this is going to be a fun movie.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Max is going to be played by a Nigerian and probably is going to be gay. I'm being salty but I hope they keep it authentic. Don't try to make it any different than the game.
    You might be on to something. I really hope it doesnt become "zesty", will have to wait and see.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    hollywood can always jump in and cause changes to make it worse.
    Thats always something to keep in mind. All sorts of agendas seem to be slipped in.
    As for this movie, I hope it turns out good. I like the action that the John Wick movies have, as they really do a good with choreography. If they have the same crew that was involved with John Wick, this is going to be a fun movie.
    Fingers crossed it turns out well.