The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Survival guide to working with white coworkers.

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I work mall security for a company called Namdar...white jews who basically let their property go to shit. I am the only black person on the security team despite personally giving multiple applications from black folk to the general manager. Apparently, all of the black people except for me who put in their application have failed the drug and background test. The janitorial staff is mostly black though. Most of the janitorial staff and myself have to deal with constant subtle racism and undermining. I argued down a suspected white supremacist and also beat him in chess and he has been salty ever since. He and other whites of the security team tell on us for everything we do. They smile in our faces then report us to the gm for everything including how I complained about the lack of security diversity in a employee non-management group message...They all so tattle on the janitorial staff for sitting too long...taking to long of a break...talking to much...spending too much time on the lower floor...too much time on the upper floor, walking together...you name it. I got in trouble for warning a janitorial team member about how that they are being watched and told on every second....These are grown adults by the way and not children. The Gm who is white by the way, always takes the side of the white co workers. I can't wait to find another job or get my music business going to where I never have to work with another white coworker again. Anyway, can anybody relate to little games and subtle racism that white people play at the job and do you have any psychological tips and tricks to deal with these things long enough so hard working black folk can find better opportunities away from subtle racist coworkers and management? Thanks fam. Corey Goldwaves

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I work mall security for a company called Namdar...white jews who basically let their property go to shit. I am the only black person on the security team despite personally giving multiple applications from black folk to the general manager. Apparently, all of the black people except for me who put in their application have failed the drug and background test. The janitorial staff is mostly black though. Most of the janitorial staff and myself have to deal with constant subtle racism and undermining. I argued down a suspected white supremacist and also beat him in chess and he has been salty ever since. He and other whites of the security team tell on us for everything we do. They smile in our faces then report us to the gm for everything including how I complained about the lack of security diversity in a employee non-management group message...They all so tattle on the janitorial staff for sitting too long...taking to long of a break...talking to much...spending too much time on the lower floor...too much time on the upper floor, walking together...you name it. I got in trouble for warning a janitorial team member about how that they are being watched and told on every second....These are grown adults by the way and not children. The Gm who is white by the way, always takes the side of the white co workers. I can't wait to find another job or get my music business going to where I never have to work with another white coworker again. Anyway, can anybody relate to little games and subtle racism that white people play at the job and do you have any psychological tips and tricks to deal with these things long enough so hard working black folk can find better opportunities away from subtle racist coworkers and management? Thanks fam. Corey Goldwaves
    I find that white supremacy in the workspace is the same exact white supremacy they use at a national scale. First and foremost I’ll recommend my article:

The way you handle it is by giving them as little ammunition as possible. Always get your work done on time, the right way and don’t talk much. Talk enough to be seen as friendly but not enough to give them ammo. Master small talk, hey how was traffic, what’s some good places to eat around here? Keep it there, no one needs to know that you can read bass and treble clef at the same time.

D

Deleted member 191

I argued down a suspected white supremacist and also beat him in chess and he has been salty ever since. He and other whites of the security team tell on us for everything we do. They smile in our faces then report us to the gm for everything including how I complained about the lack of security diversity in a employee non-management group message

Anyway, can anybody relate to little games and subtle racism that white people play at the job and do you have any psychological tips and tricks to deal with these things long enough so hard working black folk can find better opportunities away from subtle racist coworkers and management?

I'm going through it right now with a workplace Karen.
    (Karens and Kyles are all the same, so what works for Karen works for Kyle and vice versa IMO)

Check out my article where I discussed and examined some of the foolery that broad was on when I first started at the job I'm at now.

I would add giving off an appearance of focus on the job. Focus ONLY on the job. It sounds simple enough but I know dealing with these people can be frustrating and distracting so it's easier said than done. But I say this to say, if you act like you're so zoned in and committed to doing your job, that you weren't even paying them any attention, they will see that behavior of diligence and subconsciously start doing the same thing....WHY? Because in their minds, they aren't going to let a black person outwork them. I use that tactic personally and it works for my situation.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I find that white supremacy in the workspace is the same exact white supremacy they use at a national scale. First and foremost I’ll recommend my article:

The way you handle it is by giving them as little ammunition as possible. Always get your work done on time, the right way and don’t talk much. Talk enough to be seen as friendly but not enough to give them ammo. Master small talk, hey how was traffic, what’s some good places to eat around here? Keep it there, no one needs to know that you can read bass and treble clef at the same time.
    Agreed, I tried to be the colorblind everybody's buddy and I am paying for it now. But I will now keep it strict professional with just enough small talk. No more ammo will be given. Just until I can get into a better financial position then they can suck on some mayonnaise.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm going through it right now with a workplace Karen.
    (Karens and Kyles are all the same, so what works for Karen works for Kyle and vice versa IMO)

Check out my article where I discussed and examined some of the foolery that broad was on when I first started at the job I'm at now.

I would add giving off an appearance of focus on the job. Focus ONLY on the job. It sounds simple enough but I know dealing with these people can be frustrating and distracting so it's easier said than done. But I say this to say, if you act like you're so zoned in and committed to doing your job, that you weren't even paying them any attention, they will see that behavior of diligence and subconsciously start doing the same thing....WHY? Because in their minds, they aren't going to let a black person outwork them. I use that tactic personally and it works for my situation.
    I wish I could queen but it's a very social job with lots of down time. But I will try to figure out somehow to lessen fake buddy interationc.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Agreed, I tried to be the colorblind everybody's buddy and I am paying for it now. But I will now keep it strict professional with just enough small talk. No more ammo will be given. Just until I can get into a better financial position then they can suck on some mayonnaise.
    Outside of music what other skill do you have?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Outside of music what other skill do you have?
    I can make comic strips...I almost have my bachellors in Africana studies with about 118 credits so I can substitute teach...I just owe Wayne State money so they won't give me my official transcript. I tap dance and not just cooning lol I actually took tap for awhile so I can teach basic dance and I am a very good speaker with people skills.

D

Deleted member 191

I wish I could queen but it's a very social job with lots of down time. But I will try to figure out somehow to lessen fake buddy interationc.
    I understand completely, king. Weather, Traffic, Sports, Food and Drink. Innocuous enough to seem friendly, forgettable enough to not make a lasting impression with anyone in particular. Gotta play chess when these mfs play checkers.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can make comic strips...I almost have my bachellors in Africana studies with about 118 credits so I can substitute teach...I just owe Wayne State money so they won't give me my official transcript. I tap dance and not just cooning lol I actually took tap for awhile so I can teach basic dance and I am a very good speaker with people skills.
    So you‘re a creative. That‘s tough because it’s hard to get corporate jobs as a creative.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I understand completely, king. Weather, Traffic, Sports, Food and Drink. Innocuous enough to seem friendly, forgettable enough to not make a lasting impression with anyone in particular. Gotta play chess when these mfs play checkers.
    OP listen to thus:

If it aint those topics you dont need to speaking on it.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

OP listen to thus:

If it aint those topics you dont need to speaking on it.

Um, I can't help but think of awkward conversations if the suspected WS and racists say anything such as....

Weather
    Man it is hot as hell outside today. You know people act crazy and crime goes up when the weather breaks. I mean heat wave, more like crime wave huh bud? Lmao.

Traffic
    I don't understand why Black guys like to jaywalk in the middle of traffic. What makes them do that?

Sports
    Man, I don't think Colin Kaepernick should be kneeling during the anthem and disrepecting our flag and military. Also, what do you think about LeBron James? I think he needs to wear a muzzle sometimes and just dribble. Lol.

Food
    So you like Popeyes and KFC?

Drink
    I bet you drink Hennessey and Ciroc on your off time.

D

Deleted member 191

Um, I can't help but think of awkward conversations if the suspected WS and racists say anything such as....

Weather
    Man it is hot as hell outside today. You know people act crazy and crime goes up when the weather breaks. I mean heat wave, more like crime wave huh bud? Lmao.

Traffic
    I don't understand why Black guys like to jaywalk in the middle of traffic. What makes them do that?

Sports
    Man, I don't think Colin Kaepernick should be kneeling during the anthem and disrepecting our flag and military. Also, what do you think about LeBron James? I think he needs to wear a muzzle sometimes and just dribble. Lol.

Food
    So you like Popeyes and KFC?

Drink
    I bet you drink Hennessey and Ciroc on your off time.
    excellent examples queen. since our brother has mentioned that the nature of his job is fairly social, that would indicate there's no getting around interacting with these people, so what would you advise in his situation? I tried to think of some additional, but nothing comes to mind at the moment

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    excellent examples queen. since our brother has mentioned that the nature of his job is fairly social, that would indicate there's no getting around interacting with these people, so what would you advise in his situation? I tried to think of some additional, but nothing comes to mind at the moment
    Even politely checking the WS and racists or giving them a taste of their own medicine by beating them at their own game can lead to them harassing and getting back at you out of spite. And ignoring them and brushing it off will eventually eat your psyche, soul, snd spirit and it will also signify to others that you are an easy target and they will amplify the socialized abuse, racialized jabs / "jokes" and comments, and harassment until you just snap and they make a public enemy out of you.

We need to continue fighting to destroy white supremacy while in the meantime Black workers everywhere who are tired of the racial abuse in workplace are going to need to come together and demand new laws to sanction and punish employers and government agencies that allow for racialized toxicity and unwelcoming / hostile environments toward Black workers. Once again, Black people need to be a federally protected class. And once this happens, both our federal protected status and pro-Black legislation need to be recognized, reaffirmed, and enforced.

D

Deleted member 191

Even politely checking the WS and racists or giving them a taste of their own medicine by beating them at their own game can lead to them harassing and getting back at you out of spite. And ignoring them and brushing it off will eventually eat your psyche, soul, snd spirit and it will also signify to others that you are an easy target and they will amplify the socialized abuse, racialized jabs / "jokes" and comments, and harassment until you just snap and they make a public enemy out of you.

We need to continue fighting to destroy white supremacy while in the meantime Black workers everywhere who are tired of the racial abuse in workplace are going to need to come together and demand new laws to sanction and punish employers and government agencies that allow for racialized toxicity and unwelcoming / hostile environments toward Black workers. Once again, Black people need to be a federally protected class. And once this happens, both our federal protected status and pro-Black legislation need to be recognized, reaffirmed, and enforced.
    excellent points, sis. I love it. So in other words, as a long-game strategy, get unionized (if they can) or go on strike with the other black workers in the building(if they can)? And then take their fight all the way to Washington, yes?

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    excellent points, sis. I love it. So in other words, as a long-game strategy, get unionized (if they can) or go on strike with the other black workers in the building(if they can)? And then take their fight all the way to Washington, yes?
    Or you can get creative and march to the white supremacists employers' homes in unison as a start. People have already been storming the homes of confirmed race soldiers as of late. Also shame the employers and their public image consistently both offline and online campaign style as a collective. Create demands and conditions. If your employer is offering a shitty racist environment, treat it like a lawsuit / settlement / company offer case and walk away from it and make a counteroffer and stand firm. Don't walk back to work until the employer gives in and the counteroffer is finalized.

While you are doing all of this, you are still demanding laws and federal protections and letting politicians know that you won't vote until they pass protections, reparations, and laws in favor of Black people / Freedman. Make it difficult for them to operate in general, and operate without us. Much of the time staging walkouts don't work because many people fear walking off their jobs, even in unison because we live in a world where good jobs are scarce and to come by and in a culture where the employees, especially Black ones, are not valued and considered highly replaceable and disposable. So much work is also being outsourced for dirt cheap. I know employers are still finding ways to speed up the process of automation and replace everyone with foreign people willing to work for $1 an hour. That's another battle we would have to fight.

D

Deleted member 191

Or you can get creative and march to the white supremacists employers' homes in unison as a start. People have already been storming the homes of confirmed race soldiers as of late. Also shame the employers and their public image consistently both offline and online campaign style as a collective. Create demands and conditions. If your employer is offering a shitty racist environment, treat it like a lawsuit / settlement / company offer case and walk away from it and make a counteroffer and stand firm. Don't walk back to work until the employer gives in and the counteroffer is finalized.

While you are doing all of this, you are still demanding laws and federal protections and letting politicians know that you won't vote until they pass protections, reparations, and laws in favor of Black people / Freedman. Make it difficult for them to operate in general, and operate without us. Much of the time staging walkouts don't work because many people fear walking off their jobs, even in unison because we live in a world where good jobs are scarce and to come by and in a culture where the employees, especially Black ones, are not valued and considered highly replaceable and disposable. So much work is also being outsourced for dirt cheap.
    I feel you queen. I like the idea of marching to the employers home. drastic times drastic measures. I see where you're coming from.

Jay_Judah202

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is exactly why I can't work anywhere that has a majority white staff. I can't fake the funk at this point in my life. Idk where you live but the best thing you could do is find another job. When employers feel that you have nowhere else to go they become abusive. I work with mostly Africans, Indians, and FBA and the culture is drastically different from when I worked at white corporations. As long as your work is done, nobody is clocking you.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is exactly why I can't work anywhere that has a majority white staff. I can't fake the funk at this point in my life. Idk where you live but the best thing you could do is find another job. When employers feel that you have nowhere else to go they become abusive. I work with mostly Africans, Indians, and FBA and the culture is drastically different from when I worked at white corporations. As long as your work is done, nobody is clocking you.
    You said it. I love working with black folk really. Black folk no how to focus on the job, have a sense of humor and there's no becky, karen or chad to try and test little racist jokes to see what they can get away with.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One thing that these white boys keep on doing to check my reaction is.. "Hey Corey....Danny was with Bobby and Danny said the word "Mega Cringe" but Bobby thought that Danny said the "N" word and got mad at him even though he didn't Isn't that funny Corey? Huh?" Meanwhile I sit there and seethe in anger while keeping a poker face thinking if I only had a black army to wipe out these....anyway. I hate working with white coworkers and management. Out of all my jobs it has never been the work that was too tough....it's always been the crackers and me losing my patience and doing something so they let me go or me quitting.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    These guys will always be jackasses because it's in their nature to be so. I have had my experience and run in with so many of them as well but my trick for being safe from their trap is always minding my own business.
    Now, when boss is also involved, then you must never be a minute late in delivering your job, otherwise you're making yourself a bullseye for them to target.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    These guys will always be jackasses because it's in their nature to be so. I have had my experience and run in with so many of them as well but my trick for being safe from their trap is always minding my own business.
    Now, when boss is also involved, then you must never be a minute late in delivering your job, otherwise you're making yourself a bullseye for them to target.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not only do we have to work twice as hard for job perfection...we have to walk on eggshells just incase we cracked some white fragile egos. We must have our own businesses or black own corporations to work for. Working with white people adds to my mental stress which is bad for my mental health and another reason why I need any therapy I can get. This 6zeros is a blessing and I get therapeutic healing by not censoring myself while talking about these crackers.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hence why it’s important to have a skill with a thriving job economy. When one employer trips, on to the next.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Excellent and well said!

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like to use the time to introduce my jingle writing business to black folk at the mall while I'm working.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Get you a new job. Get your certifications so that you can do your own private security gigs if possible. Do whatever you need to do and can to get out of the situation of having to work for uncivil barbarians. It is not going to get any better, especially once all their new honorary Whites are settled. You are the token, the safe one, the only one. Where two or three negros gather a revolution is sparked and their scary asses ain't about to let that happen. Take the hints, use the time to get what you need to make yourself more marketable elsewhere and move on.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Not only do we have to work twice as hard for job perfection...we have to walk on eggshells just incase we cracked some white fragile egos. We must have our own businesses or black own corporations to work for. Working with white people adds to my mental stress which is bad for my mental health and another reason why I need any therapy I can get. This 6zeros is a blessing and I get therapeutic healing by not censoring myself while talking about these crackers.
    Seriously, I get your point completely because I have been in that shoe and felt every bit of pain and frustration that it comes with. Just like you pointed out, we need to have a work of our own or probably companies run by our race in order to get the same fair treatment others get.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    You said it. I love working with black folk really. Black folk no how to focus on the job, have a sense of humor and there's no becky, karen or chad to try and test little racist jokes to see what they can get away with.

There is a thin line over here. I would say that the black people over here feel at home more than the whites. I can't base my assessment on any theory, but taking a look at how the work environment that contains more Blacks is, I have realized that it is a lot easier to interact with them.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    The workplace and Academia are ground ZERO for Rascim- White Supremacy. The best you can do is DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING. Be very diligent and precise. Be very careful on what you say and do. If you can, sue them into oblivion.
    Seriously, minding you own business and focusing more on your work is the best way to get above these guys and their traps. My mentor will always tell me that no one is your friend at your workplace, just go there, do your job and head home.