The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Take this shit serious (Covid) My son tested +

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When this pandemic first started I took it very seriously, stopped having people come into my house including my family I stopped going places and I wore a mask everywhere if I had to go out. I don't fully trust the vaccine, so I haven't gotten vaxxed but I know something is killing people. My stepfather died because of it. He and my mom are baby boomers and the typical "Jesus will protect us" type of Christians.
    I told both of them for over a year to stop playing with this shit and wear your damn mask and stop going to crowded places, mainly church. He didn't listen and didn't take it seriously, he's now dead.

My mom tested positive too, she was lucky, she fought through it. I bitched to my son all the time about having people in his apartment and hanging out with people, he didn't listen and now he's at home sick AF. I don't know if I'll ever get vaxxed, I just hope doing what I've been doing will keep me as safe as possible. I can't take any chances with this virus, I already have COPD, this would probably kill me.

Please take his pandemic seriously, wear a mask, and don't test this shit, it's real.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Bro I'm a natural introvert but I'm even worse since this shit happened...I was even thinking about doing something for my recent birthday (turned 40 yesterday) but I'm definitely gonna abstain. I fear another soft lockdown is eminent because not enough people are taking this seriously.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Bro I'm a natural introvert but I'm even worse since this shit happened...I was even thinking about doing something for my recent birthday (turned 40 yesterday) but I'm definitely gonna abstain. I fear another soft lockdown is eminent because not enough people are taking this seriously.
    Happy birthday!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When this pandemic first started I took it very seriously, stopped having people come into my house including my family I stopped going places and I wore a mask everywhere if I had to go out. I don't fully trust the v-a-x, so I haven't gotten vaxxed but I know something is killing people. My stepfather died because of it. He and my mom are baby boomers and the typical "Jesus will protect us" type of Christians.
    I told both of them for over a year to stop playing with this shit and wear your damn mask and stop going to crowded places, mainly church. He didn't listen and didn't take it seriously, he's now dead.

My mom tested positive too, she was lucky, she fought through it. I bitched to my son all the time about having people in his apartment and hanging out with people, he didn't listen and now he's at home sick AF. I don't know if I'll ever get vaxxed, I just hope doing what I've been doing will keep me as safe as possible. I can't take any chances with this virus, I already have COPD, this would probably kill me.

Please take his pandemic seriously, wear a mask, and don't test this shit, it's real.
    I hope your son recovers quickly & without any long term effects. I hope that your mom is doing well, too.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    When this pandemic first started I took it very seriously, stopped having people come into my house including my family I stopped going places and I wore a mask everywhere if I had to go out. I don't fully trust the v-a-x, so I haven't gotten vaxxed but I know something is killing people. My stepfather died because of it. He and my mom are baby boomers and the typical "Jesus will protect us" type of Christians.

is your son taking any zinc or sea moss gel? I got my cabinet stocked up with selenium, black seed oil, vitamins, and tumeric. when i thought i had caught it, i stopped by whole foods and got a whole body cleanse kit for 20 bucks and flushed my system out. i had all the symptoms but tested negative. anyway, i got better in less than 2 days. Hope your son feels better soon, and that he starts listening to his pops more more often. I can already tell that my son is going to have to find things out the hard way. He likes to do what his mind is set on. even when I tell him exactly what will happen before it happens.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hope your son recovers quickly & without any long term effects. I hope that your mom is doing well, too.
    Thank you, my mom recovered well, it lasted about a month for her. She eats healthy and tries to exercise (has for years) so I think that helped her a lot.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No offense but how can you really be sure your son tested positive for "covid"?
    Because his work mandates test or being vaccinated, he does the test every week, and he tested positive. 2 days later he's sick as hell. That's how I know.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My mom got it two weeks ago and bounced back quickly. She is still positive but is in good health and has her energy back.
    Glad to hear, I've read that this latest variant is hella contagious, but isn't as hard to recover from like the first one. Pure covid.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

This is a PLANDEMIC & I hope you son recovers soon. 🙏🏽❤🙏🏽
    My two daughters, son in law & my eldest grandson also caught it. My eldest daughter got really sick, after that 2nd shot. My grandson had both shots as well & only had headaches. Was only sick after visiting his Mom. My youngest daughter hasn't been vaxed. She caught it while out working InstaCart.
    My eldest daughter, her husband & son are better now, but my daughter had serious respiratory problems & ended up at the E.R. The breathing treatment helped. Back at home, she & hubby took immune system boosters. Hot teas with lemon, lime, honey, ginger & turmeric, daytime. Nightime, added brandy or bourbon.
    Alkaline water & electrolytes (Gatorade), homemade soups, vitamins & Vapor Rub or Mentholatum, for phlegm & chest congestion.
    They all are better now. Took my eldest & her husband a month. My youngest daughter & grandson, two weeks.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had it very mildly. I had two vaccines and no booster. I know several people who have been fully vaxxed (4 shots now) and had bad cases of it. My mom is fully vaxxed and was around people who had it and never got it. I feel like no one knows how to track it and that is the problem. Just wash your hands and take of people who are most at risk. We are on the downward trend so even though it will still be around for a few more years, you will be less likely to get it next flu season. This is what the doctors at my clinic are saying.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Update: My boy is feeling a little better, I'm glad he didn't have to go to the hospital. I've heard dreadful things for Black people who need to go because of covid.
    I am glad he is doing better.

I heard the same working at a clinic. There were options for medicine that a lot of states blocked. I think it was because it was taking money out of the vaxx company's pockets. Such a shame but it is opening a lot of eyes. Capitalism in a free market is great but we don't have a free market. We live in a corporatist society and it has infiltrated our medical sphere which is bad for everyone, but especially minotires.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

I heard the same working at a clinic. There were options for medicine that a lot of states blocked. I think it was because it was taking money out of the vaxx company's pockets. Such a shame but it is opening a lot of eyes. Capitalism in a free market is great but we don't have a free market. We live in a corporatist society and it has infiltrated our medical sphere which is bad for everyone, but especially minotires.
    I'm glad your son's better, my family as well. I was concerned when my eldest daughter went to the E.R, but she said she was able to breathe after treatment administered.

Ubiquity

Sixer
    zBucks
    Not vaxxd, nor anyone in my family. Had it and felt like flu type symptoms, recovered in 4 days. Same goes for my brothers. Had it and gone in a week... One of the brothers was more committed to his marijuana habit than his well being and didn't see him slump 1 time!

Currently working directly with PCR testing. Not testing for specifically the variants of -19, just dna/glycoprotein material classified as one of the many variants of coronaviruses.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not vaxxd, nor anyone in my family. Had it and felt like flu type symptoms, recovered in 4 days. Same goes for my brothers. Had it and gone in a week... One of the brothers was more committed to his marijuana habit than his well being and didn't see him slump 1 time!

Currently working directly with PCR testing. Not testing for specifically the variants of -19, just dna/glycoprotein material classified as one of the many variants of coronaviruses.
    My son who is 6 got it, he’s not vax’d, and its been the same. No issues at all. My mom got it and she’s turning 60…she was fine in 3 days.

Ubiquity

Sixer
    zBucks
    I t
    My son who is 6 got it, he’s not vax’d, and its been the same. No issues at all. My mom got it and she’s turning 60…she was fine in 3 days.

Viruses have shadowed mankind our whole existence. Literally it's survival of the fittest. I believe some of the things that have saved me was grandma in there stirring molded jelly because she was not an affluent woman. I'm from very meager beginings and have found some benefit to that!!

Condolences to all who have lost loved ones to western medicine and it's policies

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I t

Viruses have shadowed mankind our whole existence. Literally it's survival of the fittest. I believe some of the things that have saved me was grandma in there stirring molded jelly because she was not an affluent woman. I'm from very meager beginings and have found some benefit to that!!

Condolences to all who have lost loved ones to western medicine and it's policies
    This is why we have to take care of our bodies because if youre not eating right and exercising your body won’t be prepared for these viruses.

porter66

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Remember when we all thought MJ was obsessed with wearing a mask he knew then. I myself always been germophobic & caught hell for it most of my life, but ppl see what I've talking about now. Prayers to your son & family, but I still have it in my mind that the C-thing is some type of population control along with the vaxx's.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly, the immune system is dependent upon diet and exercise.
    If we look at it at a microscopic level, the virus are basically animals attacking you internally and if your animals inside aren’t strong enough to fight back the outside intruders will win. We take our bodies for granted.

melaninqueen45

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin

You are absolutely correct. I had it too in September and was hospitalized. It is real whether you have the jab or not, practice safety first on a daily. Glad you are doing better.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Thank you all. He's feeling a lot better, even tried to go back to work.. But he's still testing positive. He'll quarantine for 3 more day or until he gets a negative test result.
    As long as he's feeling good.. That's 8what I care about.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Thank you all. He's feeling a lot better, even tried to go back to work.. But he's still testing positive. He'll quarantine for 3 more day or until he gets a negative test result.
    As long as he's feeling good.. That's 8what I care about.
    I know exactly what you mean & so glad he's better. 🙏🏽❤🙏🏽

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had it very mildly. I had two v-a-xs and no booster. I know several people who have been fully vaxxed (4 shots now) and had bad cases of it. My mom is fully vaxxed and was around people who had it and never got it. I feel like no one knows how to track it and that is the problem. Just wash your hands and take of people who are most at risk. We are on the downward trend so even though it will still be around for a few more years, you will be less likely to get it next flu season. This is what the doctors at my clinic are saying.
    Yes but only problem is that now new variants are more dangers in airborne means even regular masks are not enough to stop us to getting Covid. But yes having good hygiene habit may save us for longer term.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Update: My boy is feeling a little better, I'm glad he didn't have to go to the hospital. I've heard dreadful things for Black people who need to go because of covid.
    Yes and because of immune system of black people, we see many complication for many people as not having healthy habits are one of key reason for complication.

I'm glad to see your boy is doing well and comeback stronger.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

That's good to see you are doing well and I believe you have strong immunity system which lead mild symptoms and getting better in 4 days. I've seen many people struggling even after 2 weeks.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Yes but only problem is that now new variants are more dangers in airborne means even regular masks are not enough to stop us to getting Covid. But yes having good hygiene habit may save us for longer term.
    Exercising, healthy eating & immune system boosters also help tremendously. Alkaline rids your body of foreign matter. Electrolytes restore what your body may have lost during exercise or illness.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exercising, healthy eating & immune system boosters also help tremendously. Alkaline rids your body of foreign matter. Electrolytes restore what your body may have lost during exercise or illness.
    Yes and I read somewhere that researchers in Singapore suggesting that healthy diet and walking more impact on your body to fight against Covid infection. We all need to make little changes to lifestyle as new variants are now not dangerous then older ones.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Something I have praised the docs at my clinic for was actually recommending people to take vitamin C and get their D3 levels checked. It seems that people who have it the worst are almost always D3 deficient and sadly, this is the case for a lot of black Americans. Our skin needs more sunlight to produce adequate levels. It is something like 4x that of a pale white person and on top of that, you need even more if you are overweight or obese.

Dukect

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well, I and my family got it over the Christmas Holiday and they are double vaxxed both my Mom and Dad got the booster since they are over 65 and it only lasted for about 4-5 days with the worst being a very bad cough and a fever.

But everyone is better now so it's all good but yeah I worry for people that had to go into the hospital for this especially black folks here in the US as you know they do us so dirty with health be it physical or mental

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Yes but I see other information from different countries where hospitalization is very low and most of treatment can be done at home so I think US needs to do these things as people recover more better and faster at home if they have mild or medium symptoms.
    I've been doing video calls with my Dr since CoVid began & 1 house call per year from a nurse on my private insurance.

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I've been doing video calls with my Dr since CoVid began & 1 house call per year from a nurse on my private insurance.
    I had same in foreign county but they teat everyone same and I'm lucky that everything arrange so nicely where I got call from Doctor everyday while 4 check up done by nurses. Also they drop food and groceries too even supermarkets also doing these deliveries for me.