Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Beekeeper (2024)

JerriBun

Master Sixer
Super Moderator
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA

I like Jason Statham action movies and I like bees, so naturally I want to see this. (lol) I probably won't be able to catch it in theaters, so will most likely see it when it goes digital or whatever. Anyone else heard about this? If so are you trying to see it?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I like Jason Statham action movies and I like bees, so naturally I want to see this. (lol) I probably won't be able to catch it in theaters, so will most likely see it when it goes digital or whatever. Anyone else heard about this? If so are you trying to see it?
    He makes the best popcorn flicks. He'll be at an oil refinery in Russia or some shit and beat every body ass before the bomb goes off then ride off on a snow mobile.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, this is going to be a good movie fighting the System 2024 election year. I had a friend talking about The Equalizer with Denzel Washington I told him Denzel is smooth and silent but Jason is action which is different acting. But the thing I tell BP the most is where are our suicide bombers, our Delta squad our snippers ( Assassins) Spook that Sat By the Door. etc?
    Has anyone noticed no good protest songs or movies since the '60s and '70s

ZxBro
    ZxBro
    Protest songs by groups Like Public Enemy and Rage Against the Machine 80's/90's 2010's We gonna be alright (Kendrick Lamar) 2020 uprisings were all about fighting the system 👍🏿 the Freddy Gray/Mike Brown uprisings....we were in the streets! Reality Protests! ✊🏿💯

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He makes the best popcorn flicks. He'll be at an oil refinery in Russia or some shit and beat every body ass before the bomb goes off then ride off on a snow mobile.
    You low key gave a breakdown of every Jason Statham movie ever made.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The Transporter 1 will always have special place in in my heart as it had a realistic blend of story, motivation, and plot armor. I've been waiting for a return to that style of movie for Statham so I will inevitably watch The Beekeeper hoping it finds the right balance between good action and the laws of physics.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    In The Beekeeper, one man's brutal campaign for vengeance takes on national stakes after he is revealed to be a former operative of a powerful and clandestine organization known as "Beekeepers".

So I spotted this movie. I have not heard about it. I mentioned it to my dad yesterday and he wants to go see it with me. He used to keep bees when he was younger. We haven't seen a movie together in awhile. I figured, why not? Statham is a good action actor so you know any movie he is in will be loaded with high-action scenes.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    In The Beekeeper, one man's brutal campaign for vengeance takes on national stakes after he is revealed to be a former operative of a powerful and clandestine organization known as "Beekeepers".

So I spotted this movie. I have not heard about it. I mentioned it to my dad yesterday and he wants to go see it with me. He used to keep bees when he was younger. We haven't seen a movie together in awhile. I figured, why not? Statham is a good action actor so you know any movie he is in will be loaded with high-action scenes.

Jason Statham is built for movies like this. My dad is a huge fan of his so I know he is going to want to see this. It looks good! I like action movies like this that have a story that makes you interested but the action keeps you entertained.
    Damn I forgot about this completely LOL!!

My bad. I did that with another movie recently too. I must have never mentioned it to him (my dad) and just completely memory holed it and it didn't even register to me when he brought it up. I better focus on fixing my sleep.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Saw this a couple weeks ago. As others have noted, this is formulaic by him, but it's still good.

Other actors who did more than their fair share of 'revenge' movies are Liam Neeson, Mel Gibson, Keanu Reeves and the ones who have gotten on that in the last dozen years or so, Denzel Washington, and way, way back in the day, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson.

A few actors tried it as a break from their own type cast. The one I thought that was probably the most eye brow raising was seeing Bob Odenkirk from Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad do 'Nobody'.

Anyway, The Bee Keeper is good. I'd recommend it.