Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Code Hot Take: Next Gen started too Early

Dukect

Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Code Hot Take
    Next Gen started too Early

In the world of technology, it's always about building toward a future that is bigger, brighter, and better. And it's the same for video games as you have Microsoft and Sony being these huge competitors in the videogame space. Meanwhile, Nintendo doing well with the Nintendo Switch, not only having it as a home console but also as a portable one as well. And one wonders what Microsoft and Sony do to counteract this. Well, most people would think, hey, let's see what Sony and Microsoft are going to do for their next generation consoles and the hype train began. Then both consoles were released in late 2020 during a global pandemic. Some think that it was the wrong time to release them and I am one of the people who agree with that statement here is my list of reasons why Sony and Microsoft Started the next generation of video game consoles too early.

Number one) It was released during a global pandemic.
    This in my opinion is the main reason why these consoles have not reached their full potential as of yet. As the coronavirus pandemic swept throughout the entire planet, the majority of people had more pressing issues than buying a brand-new video game console at your local Best Buy. Most people during that time are more worried and concerned about buying food, water, and other supplies than considering buying a brand-new video game console. Now I know these consoles release later in the year 2020 but my point still stands that if these consoles release a year or two years later, I believe more people would have been more comfortable going into stores buying these counsels, as at the end of the day, these next Gen consoles and the majority of video games for that matter, are luxury's and during a pandemic where most people didn't have jobs and were worrying about their future most people are not thinking about buying or playing video games.

Number two) Sony and Microsoft Vs Online Bots.
    These online bots called AIO resale bots have been around for the past couple of years, helping the black market get the first take on sneakers, graphic cards, TVs and now these next Gen consoles and they basically have a monopoly on just getting these consoles first and then selling these consoles more than they are worth. And it's a more viable option in some cases than actually having a job according to this Verge article. There are people using this type of software to buy sneakers and TVs and flipping them to sustainable profits for themselves. And, when you have a global pandemic more people are going to be forced to buy these consoles online and if you don't have this type of software there’s little to no chance of you getting the PS5 or Xbox series X. But to be fair, nowadays it's a lot easier to get an Xbox Series X. But it is still hard for people to get a PS5 it seems the only way to get a PS5 is to be extremely lucky or to use one of those online bots to get them for yourself.

Number 3) Global Computer Chip Shortage
    In fairness, all of these issues that I’m bringing up tie into the global pandemic, which at the end of the day is why pushing forward and releasing these next-gen consoles was a lousy idea for Sony and Microsoft. As this pandemic forced people to stay at home going to an office for work or going out and meeting up with friends and such was not a good thing to do at the time. So a lot of people used technology to talk to people, do remote work, and so on. But the problem with that is that they needed these computer chips and a lot of these computer chips are made in China and in Taiwan. And the demand is way too much so even Nintendo had to cut down on creating brand new Nintendo switches. As these computer chips are important in the design of making. These new next Gen consoles as well, so these companies had to cut down on making these consoles, and since there is a limited supply. It makes it harder for people to get these consoles, and so the cycle continues on and on and on. And I believe that if. Sony and Microsoft just waited a little longer. They would have reaped the rewards of having the next Gen experience for all gamers instead of. A few. Instead of having your video games be on these new next Gen consoles, they have to be shared on the previous generations on the PS4 and the Xbox One.

But those are my thoughts. What are yours? I can't wait to see them in the comment section below. Thanks for reading and watching.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The thing too, is that we could have waited until 2022 or later for a new generation of consoles. There are still a lot of games releasing for the Xbox one and PS4, so they could have easily extended the release to much later. As well, the generation before it, lasted for over 10 years, technically 8 years because the PS4/XBO came out in 2013, but the 360 and PS3 I think lasted well into 2015 or so. Which is the longest console generation yet, as most tend to be 5-6 years or so. Especially with both sides releasing better versions of their consoles with the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro.

2023 would be 10 years since the Xbox One and I think PS4 came out. So it would fit well into the previous generation if they were to start the new gen now instead of back in 2020.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The thing too, is that we could have waited until 2022 or later for a new generation of consoles. There are still a lot of games releasing for the Xbox one and PS4, so they could have easily extended the release to much later. As well, the generation before it, lasted for over 10 years, technically 8 years because the PS4/XBO came out in 2013, but the 360 and PS3 I think lasted well into 2015 or so. Which is the longest console generation yet, as most tend to be 5-6 years or so. Especially with both sides releasing better versions of their consoles with the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro.

2023 would be 10 years since the Xbox One and I think PS4 came out. So it would fit well into the previous generation if they were to start the new gen now instead of back in 2020.
    Sony is already planning on ending developing new games For PlayStation 4. I can't remember the exact year they have fixed it. They are clearly trying to move on from the console and focus more on their latest PS5 console.