Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The Last of Us

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Anyone watching the HBO series The Last of Us?

I played the first game. I didn't play the second one. Got too many bad reviews and didn't want to waste my time or money but I thought the story and gameplay from the first one was good. I decided to watch the series based on that.

Thus far, I am enjoying it. Three episodes in and they seem to be doing a good job.

They dedicated the last episode mostly to a gay couple (Bill and Frank) but they were gay in the game and it was written without shoving LGBT+ crap down your throat so I had no issue with it. I thought it humanized the characters and made them feel more real to give them that background. They didn't give you that much detail in the game from what I could remember.

The first two episodes were really good though. Whoever is working on this is staying as close to the source material as possible and I can appreciate that.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I'm hoping to watch it but I want to wait until the whole first season drops so I can binge it. I'm hearing mixed reviews from the gaming community though.
I haven't played TLOU since the PS3 version, but other than changing a few game characteristics to be more realistic (changing the disease from spores to a fungus, for example), the show is very close to the video game.
At first, I didn't like the casting of Ellie, until I realized that she's played by the little girl (Lady Mormont) from Game of Thrones. Shawty can act, and she has been great in her role so far!

H
HailCzr85
LADY MORMONT!!! THE NORTH REMEMBERS?!?!?! OHHH SHIT!!!!!! Yeah I'm going to wait until the season completes and binge. But that is pretty epic!
H
HailCzr85
I played TLOU 1 and 2. 1 was great and 2 was trash but that's because Neil Druckmann is a clown who ruined the story and ironically used the writer from GoT who was part of the shit show that was the last 2.5 seasons, to do the destroying.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
A lot of complaints about Ellie are that she is too cocky and forward/leading compared to the character in the game but the girl can act surprisingly well. She is going to have a solid career.

As for Joel, he is coming off as too passive which I am assuming will change as the story progresses. The bonding is starting to happen between the two and the writing needs to prioritize that because that is what made the game's story so impactful.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This last episode had a bit of every thing. It all happened so fast.

When dude had to kill his little brother and took his own life, man that shook me up. And that big dude coming out the ground... Holy shit! I can't remember what those big brutes are called in the game. Dude straight snapped that man's head off like a flower.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Seems like the only thing stopping it is that our bodies are too hot! lol

The last episode was another good one.
They started to show the bonding happen. It is clear Ellie does not want to part from Joel and he was reluctant to bond with her because he can't experience the loss of another young girl.

They are doing a great job so far imo.