Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

The "Reading"......Yoooooooo!!!👀

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Scared Wendy Williams GIF by ADWEEK

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I've been hearing good things about this movie, and especially Monique's acting. I'll definitely check it out!
    If you saw how MoNique acted in PRECIOUS, multiply that 10 times, BRUTAL & playing no games! 😅

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Best line of the movie:
    "Bitch, is that my sweater?"
    FdXqFLO.png

H
    HailCzr85
    My favorite line tbh
    But how did you get out of the house

Then fade to black. I love movies that do that... Makes you question everything.
    H
    HailCzr85
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh when she said "Girl, fuck them kids too."

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just finished watching it, and Monique was great! That being said...

this would've been a Tubi movie if it weren't for Monique. Don't get me wrong, the movie was at times fun to watch, sometimes funny, and beautifully shot, but:
    • The plot twist was super predictable. I saw it coming as soon as the "burglars" walked into the house. No, I'm not a super genius; the revelation was just a basic movie twist that's been done hundreds of times.
    • Homeboy got shot in the chest at point blank range, and was completely fine 2 scenes later. Maybe he forgot that he had a bullet right next to his heart.
    • There's no way, no MF'N way, that Monique is sprinting up and down a long staircase in heels & a long dress. Not at her age, not with those knees, and not without a Gatorade!
    • None of the kids could hide worth a damn. Everytime they found a hiding spot, all 4 of those dummies wanted to yell some goofy ish to Monique. Rae Carruth was better at playing hide & seek than the kids.
    • That girl got the drop on Monique, and all she did was throw a punch? Doesn't she know that Monique is from Bmore? Old school Bmore, at that. Shawty should've grabbed a vase, a candy dish, or something. Since she tried to fight so far above her weight class, she deserved that ass whuppin'.

H
    HailCzr85
    Yes. Lots of those things were my issues too. Predictability in certain points and believability were definitely issues for me. I didn't necessarily pick up on the plot twist before hand, as a matter of fact, I thought one or two of THEM were responsible and were trying to be slick with fleecing her again. Some of the lines spoken were weird too.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I watched this not too long ago. I think it was a decent movie but I feel like whoever was directing it was a bit confused cause it came off like a horror film but then flipped to being something else, and then a comedy? Like maybe I am overlooking something. I don't know. It started off really good but then it lost me. I feel like they spent all their budget in the first half or something.