Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    šŸ§šŸ˜ They said he coach the others into aiding and abetting him...?

According to Larry Neumeister of the Associated Press, Williams' healthcare scam lasted from 2017 to 2021 and saw him defraud $5 million from the NBA Health and Welfare Benefit Plan.

Williams enlisted the help of a dentist in California and doctors in both California and Washington to file claims for "fictitious medical and dental expenses."

Judge Valerie E. Caproni chastised Williams for his actions, saying: "You were yet another player who frittered away substantial earnings from the period of time when you were playing basketball professionally. You should have had enough money to be set for life, but you don't!"

Williams pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit healthcare and wire fraud and aggravated identity theft, making him the 13th former NBA player to plead guilty in a wide-ranging healthcare fraud case. Five other former NBA players have been charged as well.

The court ordered that Williams forfeit more than $650,000 and pay $2.5 million in restitution.

Williams, 36, starred at the University of Louisville before going 11th overall to the then-New Jersey Nets in the 2009 draft.

He went on to spend four seasons in the NBA from 2009 to 2013, playing for the Nets, Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and Boston Celtics.

( Information obtained from The BleacherReport )

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

I winced when I heard that they gave mans 10 years? Theranos chick got a slap on the wrist, that dweeb SMF got all his charges dropped, Brett Favre about to skate on his PPP fraud, and Hunter Biden still allowed to walk amongst us law abiding citizens. No way in hell am I not appealing that sentence. Then again......Williams prolly didn't have the funds to get a good lawyer.