Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

These algorithms are controlling out lives

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This is some mind-blowing ish right here. I knew about the social credit score system in China but I had no idea we had one in the US that functions in a similar way. Watch the video. Were you aware of this happening? I am shocked not more people are talking about this. Everything we do is tracked from purchases to sending out resumes. It is wild. Even if you don't use the internet, they track you through other databases via credit cards, banks, ect.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Interesting video. I'm not a preacher but I do believe in the Bible.

This AI dependence is because of humans becoming lazy, faster than tech can keep up.usher laugh

Let me explain. The number crunching and targeted marketing campaigns used to be done by humans studying the best way to get a return on advertising budgets. Now they have cut out the marketing directors and AI spits out what they should do.

In some cases, AI has killed people. In Boeing's 737 MAX, the computer could override the human pilot. If you have the stomach, listen to the Ethiopian pilots struggle in the cockpit as the plane slammed into the ground at 89 degrees.

AI has a lot of problems but humans overlook them due to convenience and companies overlook the problems for profit.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Interesting video. I'm not a preacher but I do believe in the Bible.

This AI dependence is because of humans becoming lazy, faster than tech can keep up.usher laugh

Let me explain. The number crunching and targeted marketing campaigns used to be done by humans studying the best way to get a return on advertising budgets. Now they have cut out the marketing directors and AI spits out what they should do.

In some cases, AI has killed people. In Boeing's 737 MAX, the computer could override the human pilot. If you have the stomach, listen to the Ethiopian pilots struggle in the cockpit as the plane slammed into the ground at 89 degrees.

AI has a lot of problems but humans overlook them due to convenience and companies overlook the problems for profit.
    Yup and also AI can allow a company or entity to shift liability for abuses. Amazon abuses its warehouse workers and blames it on the AI and says “we’ll have to review it”. Or police departments targeting black people using AI and then when someone can prove the police department is incorrect, its blamed on AI.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yup and also AI can allow a company or entity to shift liability for abuses. Amazon abuses its warehouse workers and blames it on the AI and says “we’ll have to review it”. Or police departments targeting black people using AI and then when someone can prove the police department is incorrect, its blamed on AI.
    So, true. This looks like a come up to me.shaqoneal

In a country that loves to sue for civil liabilities, I'm just going to wait my turn to become rich, then.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It amazes me though that this level of technology has become problematic in our society. We can't allow robots to decide things for us because they base everything on numbers. You can get a general idea of statistics but it takes away from individuality.

And I am well aware of the book of revelations. I am convinced the mark of the beast is going to be technologically related. It makes sense to be this way seeing as how reliant everyone has become on it. I love technology and the conveniences it has provided but in the hands of the wrong person or people, it will be used as a weapon... It has been used as one.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So, true. This looks like a come up to me.shaqoneal

In a country that loves to sue for civil liabilities, I'm just going to wait my turn to become rich, then.
    It definitely is a come up and a horrible situation for the instant gratification crowd. They gon' wake up and be reporting to a disembodied T-1000.

usher laugh

It amazes me though that this level of technology has become problematic in our society. We can't allow robots to decide things for us because they base everything on numbers. You can get a general idea of statistics but it takes away from individuality.

And I am well aware of the book of revelations. I am convinced the mark of the beast is going to be technologically related. It makes sense to be this way seeing as how reliant everyone has become on it. I love technology and the conveniences it has provided but in the hands of the wrong person or people, it will be used as a weapon... It has been used as one.
    It's typical Western Eurocentric thought but this time COMPLETELY devoid of emotions. The true pioneering thing I feel like Europe and mainly Western Europeans have provided to the world is the thought of looking at the everything mathematically. Dancing is mathematical, music is mathematical, rhythm is mathematical, nature is mathematical, science is mathematical to Europeans...they interface with the world through mathematics and while it's rigid and corny at times, it's why they are super successful. They look at everything like a logic tree, emotion and spirituality come second to logic which is why they run the world. We need berries, THEY have berries, WE take THEIR berries, and WE now have berries. It's rudimentary but that shit works.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    San Francisco, the liberal bastion of tech and racism is leveraging an algorithm to determine who is homeless enough for housing. DAFUQ?

For the thousands experiencing homelessness in the Tenderloin, their chance of getting off the streets comes down to a single number, generated by an algorithm. It is meant to assess each person’s unique vulnerabilities and allocate assistance accordingly. But now, even the designers of such systems say that, far from solving the problem of homelessness in the United States, these algorithms are used by local governments to deny assistance to large numbers of people in need.

To your point @Jay everything is mathematical. No humanity in it, just numbers.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

When you get a chance, please check out this book. You will not be able to put it down.
    https://joelstrumpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Islamic-Antichrist.pdf

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It definitely is a come up and a horrible situation for the instant gratification crowd. They gon' wake up and be reporting to a disembodied T-1000.

usher laugh

It's typical Western Eurocentric thought but this time COMPLETELY devoid of emotions. The true pioneering thing I feel like Europe and mainly Western Europeans have provided to the world is the thought of looking at the everything mathematically. Dancing is mathematical, music is mathematical, rhythm is mathematical, nature is mathematical, science is mathematical to Europeans...they interface with the world through mathematics and while it's rigid and corny at times, it's why they are super successful. They look at everything like a logic tree, emotion and spirituality come second to logic which is why they run the world. We need berries, THEY have berries, WE take THEIR berries, and WE now have berries. It's rudimentary but that shit works.
    This is true. It makes sense but it seems like where we lack emotion entirely, problems arise and where there is too much emotion, problems arise. I guess in that sense, it is a balancing act. Similar to most other things in nature.
    When you get a chance, please check out this book. You will not be able to put it down.
    https://joelstrumpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Islamic-Antichrist.pdf
    I will check this out, thanks for the recommendation!