The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

They don’t know the difference between racism and prejudice

Keke Petty

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
At first, I thought ppl were playing with my intelligence, but after further dialogue with many races & ethnicities, many of these dummies don’t know the difference. I now see how the media is painting Black folks as racist. The younger generation is taught racism is solely based on race & not power🤯.

BrianCJ1123

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
At first, I thought ppl were playing with my intelligence, but after further dialogue with many races & ethnicities, many of these dummies don’t know the difference. I now see how the media is painting Black folks as racist. The younger generation is taught racism is solely based on race & not power🤯.
Such an easy trick-bag to be entangled in too, confusing the 2 terms. I recall, the Sunday after the incident in Buffalo, a group of women at my church were discussing the lack of sense behind the shooting, & why this someone who was clearly racist, simply couldn't dissociate from a group "he didn't like".

Although somewhat triggered, I held my peace, knowing that many under the religious sphere are heavily blue-pilled & fast asleep anyway. True racism isn't simply about someone "not liking" another group, but also creating/using an entire system to manifest their belief of superiority, through power & control, even to the point of genocide.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always loved the explanation "Racism is Prejudice + Power". I feel like it's clear, concise, and cannot be misconstrued. If we ran an all-Black nation that was sovereign and we oppressed Whites then we'd be racist. Saying "I like to stay away from Whites because they are violent is not a racist statement".

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I don't think that's accurate to be honest. I think they are playing a game, they know what it is but white supremacy and racism has to deny its existence. They somehow seem to know exactly what White supremacy is when it's turned on them. They only play stupid about it when they are not in the hot seat.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    It's definitely a part of their game. Ever since the days of slavery they had tropes like "The Brute" for black folks in order to push a narrative of us being an oppressive force even though we don't possess sovereignty and power. Trying to push the notion of blacks being able to be racist plays into this mania of "reverse racism" and "hate crimes perpetrated by blacks" that they want to propagate to further unite the world and other races against us.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's definitely a part of their game. Ever since the days of slavery they had tropes like "The Brute" for black folks in order to push a narrative of us being an oppressive force even though we don't possess sovereignty and power. Trying to push the notion of blacks being able to be racist plays into this mania of "reverse racism" and "hate crimes perpetrated by blacks" that they want to propagate to further unite the world and other races against us.
    Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Czharcus

Truth-Detector
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's been a knife in my side for a while. The "official" definition of racism is arguably, the biggest perpetuation of it.

Even if someone sincerely wanted to battle racism, they don't know what it is because the perpetrators are the ones who are defining it. Right out of the gate, it's definition ensures you cannot effectively combat it. How can you fight something you can't even see because your trusted source is misinforming you about what it is that you're fighting?

It's like if I stole something from you and I got to define what stealing is and I say, if you take back what I stole from you, that's also stealing. Me stealing from you and you taking it back is now an equal offense.

Literally, the official definition of racism is racist. It is racist for white people to define racism. There needs to be a 2nd definition here that simply points to the 1st definition. Or maybe, a push to redefine it. Hmm...

1654102147120.png

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    From my understanding of what racism have been about ever since it's been pushed on by White's, you can't take a way prejudice from it, otherwise it's not racism. For them playing or acting like they don't know about the connection between racism and prejudice, is them being what we already know they are with trying to look innocent of their crime.