The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

This may help! - FREE GAME!

A.B.

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
If you have a business and need a website for anything. You can Google, Google Sites and make a free website. As long as you have a Gmail account, it's totally free. But you will have to pay for a domain name, a dot com, a dot net, or whatever. It allows you to make up to 40 or 50 websites so choose wisely if you're using them for digital real estate!

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Perfect way to come up on some change by making websites for local businesses.

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

A.B.

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
How much do domains typically cost per year these days? I have been considering starting up a few sites as a side hustle and trying to make money on the side through ad revenue.
I use Google domains for all of my domain purchases. They charge only $12 a year and no extra cost for SSL certificates. It will connect easy if you're using other Google products like Analytics and Google Console.

A.B.

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
How much do domains typically cost per year these days? I have been considering starting up a few sites as a side hustle and trying to make money on the side through ad revenue.
You're on your way if you master how to do ads. That the new way to flip your money! Go for it!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    You're on your way if you master how to do ads. That the new way to flip your money! Go for it!
    Yeah, I want to try. My mom's friend had a blog going for awhile where she was earning like $500 a month and she was hardly doing anything! Just doing a blog post a week. I want to find out how she got it to this. That is good side money.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, I want to try. My mom's friend had a blog going for awhile where she was earning like $500 a month and she was hardly doing anything! Just doing a blog post a week. I want to find out how she got it to this. That is good side money.
    She did it by optimizing her blog. Maybe with buyer keywords, great titles and SEO. It's pretty easy when you do your niche research. Niche research is to make sure the content you choose, is already making money on other blogs. This you have to pay close attention to. That's where the keyword research and search volume comes in.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to get the 6ZEROS blog to generate revenue like that but its a lot to manage. The social platform and the blog and social media profiles are exhausting.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to get the 6ZEROS blog to generate revenue like that but its a lot to manage. The social platform and the blog and social media profiles are exhausting.
    Yes, they can be a lot of work. The most important thing is consistency and optimization. As long as your articles are topnotch and related you can usually rank with good keyword research.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes WP is work. But, sometimes you can use some good plug-ins to help. Like that Yoast plug-in is good with helping optimize your blog posts for more views and rankings. But you have to make sure everything is excellent before posting with Yoast. That should help. Also, avoid keyword stuffing and too many links in your articles. Make sure your keywords have high search volume but low competition, before using them. In other words, make sure the keywords you're using are making money. You can use Google Trends to help with that.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Once you get it to a point where traffic is on a steady uptick, then it becomes easy. It just takes time and a lot of effort to get there... And Google likes to punish people I think now if they slip up. I heard of them downranking sites manually if they are spreading information they don't like people seeing. I think you can do it though. Just have to get a team of writers to help you out. Another forum I used to be a member of incorporated blog articles as threads so members could post them then they were ported to the front page. You can set it up where they have to be preapproved. That is always an option, assuming people wanna contribute.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    She did it by optimizing her blog. Maybe with buyer keywords, great titles and SEO. It's pretty easy when you do your niche research. Niche research is to make sure the content you choose, is already making money on other blogs. This you have to pay close attention to. That's where the keyword research and search volume comes in.
    I am going to dig deep into this and start strong. When I start my blog, I want it to start out on the right footing so it can see growth consistently.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am going to dig deep into this and start strong. When I start my blog, I want it to start out on the right footing so it can see growth consistently.
    Facts, just make sure you learn keyword research and you should hit the ground running! Good luck and if you have any questions, just hit me up.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was looking up information about starting a blog. I would love to do that, but don’t know what my theme would be. I was thinking about starting a crochet blog.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you have a business and need a website for anything. You can Google, Google Sites and make a free website. As long as you have a Gmail account, it's totally free. But you will have to pay for a domain name, a dot com, a dot net, or whatever. It allows you to make up to 40 or 50 websites so choose wisely if you're using them for digital real estate!
    Thanks for sharing this because I'm very sure that it's something that's going to be very helpful to some people.

On the other hand, if you can't pay for a domain name, you can use proboards software to create your own new forum free of charge at no cost.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was looking up information about starting a blog. I would love to do that, but don’t know what my theme would be. I was thinking about starting a crochet blog.
    No harm in trying! I think so long as you are passionate and stay interested, the work will flow and other people will be drawn to it. Just think of a catchy name and go for it.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

No harm in trying! I think so long as you are passionate and stay interested, the work will flow and other people will be drawn to it. Just think of a catchy name and go for it.
    All facts. Just remember if you are planning on making money from your blog, try to keep everything related and check out the search volume for your keywords. Like crochet and how to crochet.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Thanks for sharing this because I'm very sure that it's something that's going to be very helpful to some people.

On the other hand, if you can't pay for a domain name, you can use proboards software to create your own new forum free of charge at no cost.

I don't recommend Proboards simply because if you want to move to self hosting, you won't be able to get your database and you'll have to start from scratch. If you're wanting free forum hosting for your site, jcink is better since they allow database back ups. Also if anyone does want to get into blogging and having a community attached to your blog, I recommend checking out which forum software have bridges to connect your Wordpress blog with your forum. Xenforo also has a blogging package you can purchase along with the license for their forum software, if you want to go down the paid software path.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't recommend Proboards simply because if you want to move to self hosting, you won't be able to get your database and you'll have to start from scratch. If you're wanting free forum hosting for your site, jcink is better since they allow database back ups. Also if anyone does want to get into blogging and having a community attached to your blog, I recommend checking out which forum software have bridges to connect your Wordpress blog with your forum. Xenforo also has a blogging package you can purchase along with the license for their forum software, if you want to go down the paid software path.
    To add to that great info. You can try New Google Sites as well. It will give you a free domain name but it will have sitesdotgoogledotcom before the name you chose.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Xenforo is definitely the best. I have been using it for as long as I can remember and it's so good. The add-ons that are available to use are countless. It's a paid forum software that's worth the pay.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Xenforo is definitely the best. I have been using it for as long as I can remember and it's so good. The add-ons that are available to use are countless. It's a paid forum software that's worth the pay.
    I never heard of Xenforo I'll have to check it out. I've been using QuikBlog for the last few months and it's pretty good so far.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Great advice and I wouldn't recommend free forum software to anyone. Slow patching of exploits if any patching at all, sucky add-on communities, and no support. I would recommend Xenforo, Vanilla, or Invision. In addition, you need to look at the roadmaps to see if they plan to add more social media style functionality. Because while social media may suck because content discovery hinges on an algorithm as opposed to categories, the feed/timeline is superior to a forum list. If the software is not moving in that direction, it'll make building a community much more difficult.

I never heard of Xenforo I'll have to check it out. I've been using QuikBlog for the last few months and it's pretty good so far.
    Xenforo is for building forums. You can use it as blog software but it sucks ass.

A.B.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I guess it's same as getting a domain and hosting from a hosting company since you still have to pay for a domain name just as you mentioned.
    I don't really mess with hosting companies. I buy all my domains from Google Domains. They don't charge all the extra fees for hosting or SSL certificates.I just use their free website creator and everything is free. Unless you want the email service with the domain. But that's cheap as well

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't really mess with hosting companies. I buy all my domains from Google Domains. They don't charge all the extra fees for hosting or SSL certificates.I just use their free website creator and everything is free. Unless you want the email service with the domain. But that's cheap as well
    Yeah but do you want to take payments on a site that doesn't have an SSL Cert? NOOOOOPE! Unless it redirects to a PayPal or Stripe page it's super risky. But when you redirect you can no longer control the customer experience.