The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Thoughts on LBJ?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I was a fan of his in his early career. I thought he was a wholesome dude. Had family values and everything. I really felt like he was truly an NBA player younger people could look up to. I noticed since he went to LA though, a lot about the dude changed. The one thing that really soured me on him was the issues with Hong Kong. Like I know, we are not expected to be helping people in other countries as citizens but to stand with China while they were abusing, killing, locking up, and enslaving those people... It just rubbed me the wrong way. I lost any respect for him that I had left. I used to be harsh on Kobe (RIP) because of his actions with his wife and some of his friends over the years but that was nothing in comparison. He did some stupid stuff but he never sold out.

What are your thoughts on LeBron James? Do you think he changed?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was a fan of his in his early career. I thought he was a wholesome dude. Had family values and everything. I really felt like he was truly an NBA player younger people could look up to. I noticed since he went to LA though, a lot about the dude changed. The one thing that really soured me on him was the issues with Hong Kong. Like I know, we are not expected to be helping people in other countries as citizens but to stand with China while they were abusing, killing, locking up, and enslaving those people... It just rubbed me the wrong way. I lost any respect for him that I had left. I used to be harsh on Kobe (RIP) because of his actions with his wife and some of his friends over the years but that was nothing in comparison. He did some stupid stuff but he never sold out.

What are your thoughts on LeBron James? Do you think he changed?
    The United States does the same exact thing to its citizens too though so if he can’t stand with China he definitely can’t stand with the USA. Overall I like Lebron but he’s a basketball player and just that…deifying athletes and entertainers has to stop…we need to see them for what their profession and not put any other expectation on them.