The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Thoughts on Money By Someone Making 6 Figures

Lamont

Sixer
zBucks
Making $25,000-$30,000 / year
You're broke. You're living with your parents and cannot afford a pot to p*ss in. You are barely making minimum payments on the little bills you have like car and phone and, if you have student loans, you are on income based repayment. At this point it may make sense to get a second job

One time Expense where you need to rethink budget? $100 and up
Investment/month - $0

Making $55,000 / year
Welcome to the average club. You can afford basic bills such as rent, car, phone, but anything outside of that is an issue. You may be able to go to a party here and there and live it up but you are barely surviving. If you have a girlfriend, she must have a job to help support the both of you otherwise it will be a HUGE struggle

One time Expense where you need to rethink budget? Around $500 and up
Investment/month - Under $1,000

Making $120,000 / year
This is the first stage of your life where you will feel financially free. Not $90,000, not $100,000, but when you're making $10K a month. You can afford anything you want, money, clothes, travel, etc. You can even purchase an upper tier car if you are willing to drop the amount you invest a month. In this tier you should have a nice amount saved up and are able to pay off bills with ease. If you are looking to be super frugal, you could probably pay off all loans (student, car, etc) of up to $30,000 in 12 months

One time Expense where you need to rethink budget? Around $2,000 and up
Investment/month - $1,000- $2,000

Making $200,000-$250,000 / year
This is when you start to feel rich. Like really rich. This is what I thought half a million would feel like TBH. You will be able to drop thousands on luxury items and not feel it hit your wallet (why would you, you got another $10-$15K coming next month after taxes). If you have a gf whatever her job is doesn't matter at all as she's essentially paying for trips and other luxury items. If you are super frugal, you can pay off most debts. Your taste will most certainly change at this level in everything from food, to clothes, to women, because you can afford it.

One time Expense where you need to rethink budget? $5,000 and up
Investment/month - $2,500-$3,500

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Now, look at what they tax you. I damn near choked on my own breath when I read the numbers for that. 75k becomes 58k real fast. Now I know you get some of this money back at the end of the year, more if you are married, even more if you have kids but wtf kind of bull is this?

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well the average salary in the US is $55k. So if you're substantially above that and spend right then you should be okay. Especially if you're in an area with a low cost of living.

At the $105/$110k pay range as of now.
    I can live a pretty good lifestyle at that amount as long as I don't overextend myself.

I don't get cars that are extremely costly and just a status symbol. I tend to just get something nice but used or if I get brand new I stick to Kia, Honda, Toyota etc.

As far as a house I just got one in a really good neighborhood but just selected a medium sized house. Not extremely large and expensive or small. I just got something with plenty of space and they looks nice from a curbside view.

I pay all of my bills with no issue and have enough left to do fun stuff and entertainment.

It's not so much the amount of money although that plays a big role but it's also how you manage it.