The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Thoughts on the Texas anti-abortion law

Invincible1914

Sixer
Tither
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I want to have a non toxic conversation about this. The link below will give you the just of what it’s all about

The Texas abortion law, explained

Here are my thoughts initiation thoughts:

Even if you are pro-life and the world’s most devout Christian who can’t stand the thought of babies being snatched out of the womb, how can you support such a ridiculous law. That shyt is Jim Crow for women. You know how Jim Crow just ended up with black people being lynched…. It’s vigilante law that polices one side and enables everything that’s wrong with the other side… similar to stand your ground in Florida.

Honestly, It’s a cover up bill to hide the fact that they are fukking up left and right.

It should have never been confirmed by the Supreme Court.

Where do you guys stand on this?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to have a non toxic conversation about this. The link below will give you the just of what it’s all about

The Texas abortion law, explained

Here are my thoughts initiation thoughts:

Even if you are pro-life and the world’s most devout Christian who can’t stand the thought of babies being snatched out of the womb, how can you support such a ridiculous law. That shyt is Jim Crow for women. You know how Jim Crow just ended up with black people being lynched…. It’s vigilante law that polices one side and enables everything that’s wrong with the other side… similar to stand your ground in Florida.

Honestly, It’s a cover up bill to hide the fact that they are fukking up left and right.

It should have never been confirmed by the Supreme Court.

Where do you guys stand on this?
    First, I feel it should be the woman’s right to choose. However, I think once you hit the 3rd trimester, you have to see the pregnancy all the way through.

My biggest gripe is that this isn’t a pro-life stance, it‘s a control stance, an anti-freedom stance. How can Texas deem this pro-life when it’s comfortable with its Black citizens being harassed and killed by government entities?

How can this be pro-life but the second those babies are born you want to give them as little assistance as you can and ship them off to war as fast as possible?

At the end of the day, if it’s the land of the free, then live it and let women make their own choice.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    No one should have the right to tell me what I can do with my body. That goes for abortions, COVID vaccines, and whatever else they come up with. We all know this nation has a history of policing women and so this is par for the course. Texas is part of the American Taliban, fundamentalist, extremist, and xenophobic, I expect nothing less from that POS state.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    No one should have the right to tell me what I can do with my body. That goes for abortions, COVID vaccines, and whatever else they come up with. We all know this nation has a history of policing women and so this is par for the course. Texas is part of the American Taliban, fundamentalist, extremist, and xenophobic, I expect nothing less from that POS state.
    I honestly think that was the last straw to turn that state blue which is going to kill Republicans in the presidential elections.

When making this law, they didn’t just exclude women; they also excluded the medical profession. It’s white men dictating law to while everybody else obey the law.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I dont like abortion at all, if you was laying up then you knew what the consequence was. But I ain’t rockin with it off the strength that when you let the white man take an inch he gon try take a foot next.

I honestly think that was the last straw to turn that state blue which is going to kill Republicans in the presidential elections.

When making this law, they didn’t just exclude women; they also excluded the medical profession. It’s white men dictating law to while everybody else obey the law.

I have a hard time seeing that happenin. I live in Irving and outside of all the ritzy spots its nothing but hardcore racist ass far right white peoples. I cant speak for the whole state but in the Dallas metro area its only blue in maybe Dallas proper and in the few Black areas but once you in the burbs McKinney, Allen, Frisco, The Colony, REDDDDDD!

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

It may end up like CA where its islands of blue in a sea of red.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Agree with all of this. I think Texas is an example of what they'd like the rest of the country to be. The fact is laws like this have nothing to do with caring about life and everything to do with creating control.

Storm

Sixer
    zBucks
    First, I feel it should be the woman’s right to choose. However, I think once you hit the 3rd trimester, you have to see the pregnancy all the way through.

My biggest gripe is that this isn’t a pro-life stance, it‘s a control stance, an anti-freedom stance. How can Texas deem this pro-life when it’s comfortable with its Black citizens being harassed and killed by government entities?

How can this be pro-life but the second those babies are born you want to give them as little assistance as you can and ship them off to war as fast as possible?

At the end of the day, if it’s the land of the free, then live it and let women make their own choice.
    This is exactly what I always say! They care about the babies until they're born and then they offer no help when they're grown up and out here struggling. How is that pro life at all?