The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Thoughts???

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
If it helps your kid get in line then I am all for it.
More parents should contribute. I was at my kids school daily. Sometimes they didn't even know I was there & I wanted to see how their teachers reacted towards them!
I'm truly for home schooling, period! The WS system is NEVER going to teach our children what they need to know, EVER!
Only WE can do that!
Now, these gender identity people or MAPS are confusing pur children! I'll be damned, if I allow this 🦬💩 to happen!

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    More parents should contribute. I was at my kids school daily. Sometimes they didn't even know I was there & I wanted to see how their teachers reacted towards them!
    I'm truly for home schooling, period! The WS system is NEVER going to teach our children what they need to know, EVER!
    Only WE can do that!
    Now, these gender identity people or MAPS are confusing pur children! I'll be damned, if I allow this 🦬💩 to happen!
    The parents being involved also puts the school on notice as they know you be aware of any games they attempt to play. A

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    My pops threatened to take a day off from work and go to every one of my brother's classes. And my pops don't bluff.

First, 80 percent of us are raised by single moms who don't have the time to do it. God bless 'em they do the best they can but many of our parents: 1. work long ass hours 2. give too much power to the school to know what they are doing and taking care of their kids education. 3. Or don't care to some extent. These are the more ratchet parent.

I support this guy though. Rare actually. And as noted above, it puts the school on notice as well. Anyone thinking of tripping on his son knows he got a pops that has no problem coming up there and handling business.

A possible solution? It will never, ever happen, but I had this discussion once. We need more black male teachers. The Department of Education, if it was really serious about black kids education would subsidize the hiring of black male teachers. More money given to those willing to teach k-6. Get them early. Black kids grow up these days with literally no decent black male authority figures. They rarely have a father in the home or a father who co-parents and is involved in their kids lives. They rarely have black male teachers. The youngest generation attends church the least of any previous generation so no black male pastors or deacons (who are stretched thin anyway). They rarely have black male managers in jobs.

Another solution is that some of these black millionaires who give to HBCUs set up a scholarship for black males majoring in Education and full rides for those majoring in Elementary Education. And set up scholarships at PWIs.

White folks will trip on this and sadly....black women will. Some at least. They won't see the overall benefit of it. This is NOT saying black women aren't fantastic teachers. A few were some of my best teachers ever, but we need black men. We need responsible, thorough black men. Our community is sorely lacking them.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    My pops threatened to take a day off from work and go to every one of my brother's classes. And my pops don't bluff.

First, 80 percent of us are raised by single moms who don't have the time to do it. God bless 'em they do the best they can but many of our parents: 1. work long ass hours 2. give too much power to the school to know what they are doing and taking care of their kids education. 3. Or don't care to some extent. These are the more ratchet parent.

I support this guy though. Rare actually. And as noted above, it puts the school on notice as well. Anyone thinking of tripping on his son knows he got a pops that has no problem coming up there and handling business.

A possible solution? It will never, ever happen, but I had this discussion once. We need more black male teachers. The Department of Education, if it was really serious about black kids education would subsidize the hiring of black male teachers. More money given to those willing to teach k-6. Get them early. Black kids grow up these days with literally no decent black male authority figures. They rarely have a father in the home or a father who co-parents and is involved in their kids lives. They rarely have black male teachers. The youngest generation attends church the least of any previous generation so no black male pastors or deacons (who are stretched thin anyway). They rarely have black male managers in jobs.

Another solution is that some of these black millionaires who give to HBCUs set up a scholarship for black males majoring in Education and full rides for those majoring in Elementary Education. And set up scholarships at PWIs.

White folks will trip on this and sadly....black women will. Some at least. They won't see the overall benefit of it. This is NOT saying black women aren't fantastic teachers. A few were some of my best teachers ever, but we need black men. We need responsible, thorough black men. Our community is sorely lacking them.
    I was a single parent & I changed my work schedule to accommodate my children.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The ultimate solution is to have our own schools. Pretty much every synagogue and mosque of size has a school. These schools are almost always from around age 6 to anywhere up to the end of elementary school before you start middle school or higher.

Same with other religious institutions. I've seen the same for Jehovah Witness, Mormon, White evangelicals.

The hood got anywhere from small store front churches to huge mega churches. How many of them got a school? They could get together and start one. They don't.

Another thing we could do is for all the HBCUs to have an affiliated school as well. K-4 for example. A perfect place for the education majors to get hands on experience while helping the community. They could be state certified when they get their degree.