The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Thoughts

D

Deleted member 1475

I think that the sister seemed very uninformed and confused about racism, she said "Company policy right? You're not the first" so it's implied that she has let this happen before, I'm not sure what she meant when she asked "Is it the colour?", she might have been referring to her skin colour but it doesn't matter because she complied with the white supremacists' demands to hand over her belongings, she should have never entered the store when told to hand over her bag and the line she said, "We're all equal, Miss Golden, in our rights and in our freedoms" was corny and untrue.

MR-D-ROB
MR-D-ROB
It's from one of those positivity channels so they do come off as corny.
I absolutely agree with your assessment though. She should have never entered the store. Things worked out for her because she was a district attorney but if she were just another black woman she'd have gotten trumped up charges with no way to prove against them.

That was one of the biggest things people pointed out in the comments!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
First, I'm not going to a store that treats me like that. I'm not giving my money to any place that does that. I'm frustrated thinking she put herself through all that. I said this in another thread. I don't let bigotry go unaddressed. I email the chain of command and tell them exactly what happened. I say date and time so they can see a video/ cctv camera if needed. I've gotten not only free things for the racism but gotten people fired. Overseas as well in a mall.

Before any sister, mother or daughter mind go through that undressing BS. They need to call me and I'll be there with a lawyer. We gotta get a nice bag for that kind of bigotry and the media gonna know about it. Don't undress for NO ONE without first consulting an attorney or the cops. I'd be like, you better call the cops I ain't taking shyt off for no one.

MR-D-ROB
MR-D-ROB
Well in her case she couldn't call the cops because it was the cop who made her get undressed and she had already given her bag over which had her phone.
So she gave up this options by simply entering the store. She should have never went in.
D

Deleted member 1946

First, I'm not going to a store that treats me like that. I'm not giving my money to any place that does that. I'm frustrated thinking she put herself through all that. I said this in another thread. I don't let bigotry go unaddressed. I email the chain of command and tell them exactly what happened. I say date and time so they can see a video/ cctv camera if needed. I've gotten not only free things for the racism but gotten people fired. Overseas as well in a mall.

Before any sister, mother or daughter mind go through that undressing BS. They need to call me and I'll be there with a lawyer. We gotta get a nice bag for that kind of bigotry and the media gonna know about it. Don't undress for NO ONE without first consulting an attorney or the cops. I'd be like, you better call the cops I ain't taking shyt off for no one.
Same thing. I would have gone to another store or gone online to shop. When I get treated like this, my common sense kicks in.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Black
Origin
Refuse to Disclose

So this video is just an acted out scenario. But I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts with were!

It was evident that it was pure fiction when trauma relief presented itself in the form of real policing from a bona fide police department but only because of her professional connection with the hierarchy.
It was so fool hardy of her to comply in the face of such overt discrimination on entering the store -only a coon would comply with handing over their personal possessions like that. As for conforming with the egregious public nudity demand just to try on an outfit was absurd. A self respecting black woman would have simply exited the store in the first instance of being targeted by the store security. It was an intended infomercial regarding inalienable, legal rights in a consumer/commercial context as a black woman.

MR-D-ROB
MR-D-ROB
It's from one of those positivity channels so it's kinda corny. But they kind of missed the whole idea of what if she wasn't a DA. What if she were just another customer.

In that case most anyone else exits. She went along with all of this because of her position of power. She knew even if she did go to jail she'd be out quickly and they'd be locked up in her place.

Which is what happened. That's not the case for anyone else. How many innocent black people are sitting in prison right now? Thousands