The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Tips for getting the most out of your gas

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Thanks for posting this. I am considering a Hybrid.

I am finding myself with less and less money each paycheck cause of gas prices going up and food prices going up. Someone said once the diesel gets too high, drivers will refuse to do deliveries cause they won't be able to afford it so we will have even more food shortages. What a hot mess!

E

educatedman23

Thanks for posting this. I am considering a Hybrid.

I am finding myself with less and less money each paycheck cause of gas prices going up and food prices going up. Someone said once the diesel gets too high, drivers will refuse to do deliveries cause they won't be able to afford it so we will have even more food shortages. What a hot mess!
    Which is exactly what the powers that shouldn't be want.

bwannabeast

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This isn't correct, ground temperature does not fluctuate with air temperature on a daily basis. After 1 foot and a half ground temperatures lag 3 months behind air temperature, after 5ft its 6 months and after 30ft the temperature is constant. The average gas station tank buried 5ft underground so temperature change will be miniscule. Also Gasoline expands 1% for every 15 degrees of temperature change, so maybe 3-5% expansion depending on the location.

If you won't save on gas, change your oil, change your air filter, properly inflate your tires, drive the speed limit and hyper-mill(coast to stop light instead of breaking all the way there, coast down steep hills, stop hard accelerations)

E

educatedman23

This isn't correct, ground temperature does not fluctuate with air temperature on a daily basis. After 1 foot and a half ground temperatures lag 3 months behind air temperature, after 5ft its 6 months and after 30ft the temperature is constant. The average gas station tank buried 5ft underground so temperature change will be miniscule. Also Gasoline expands 1% for every 15 degrees of temperature change, so maybe 3-5% expansion depending on the location.

If you won't save on gas, change your oil, change your air filter, properly inflate your tires, drive the speed limit and hyper-mill(coast to stop light instead of breaking all the way there, coast down steep hills, stop hard accelerations)
    Great tips

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Which is exactly what the powers that shouldn't be want.
    I am convinced that they don't want to get rid of oil/gas. They just want to make it so damn expensive that most people can't afford to drive. 85%+ of the US alone will not be able to afford it when they get done.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I am convinced that they don't want to get rid of oil/gas. They just want to make it so damn expensive that most people can't afford to drive. 85%+ of the US alone will not be able to afford it when they get done.
    It's even getting very difficult for a lot of people in USA already and it's most likely not going to stop getting higher. Our cost of living is going to be so damn high that most people would find it very difficult to eat three square meal in a day.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's even getting very difficult for a lot of people in USA already and it's most likely not going to stop getting higher. Our cost of living is going to be so damn high that most people would find it very difficult to eat three square meal in a day.
    Someone I talk to on another forum said that he thinks gas prices with hit a national average of $7.50 by August and $9.25 by the end of the year. That is the average which means places like Cali will be $15+ per gallon on the high end at the end of the year. I know for me, my gas spending is up to damn near $200 a month and I don't even drive around all that much. I go to work and come home and I got shopping a few days a week. I don't even have money or time to go out and have fun.

E

educatedman23

A lot of folks I've talked to think it is to try and force people to buy electric cars. That's what I think.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Thanks for taking the time to share this tips because it seems like gas is the most sought after commodity now all over the world and it's still going to get more expensive. It's difficult for a lot of people including myself, so anything that's going to make it better for us is something to take very seriously.

E

educatedman23

Someone I talk to on another forum said that he thinks gas prices with hit a national average of $7.50 by August and $9.25 by the end of the year. That is the average which means places like Cali will be $15+ per gallon on the high end at the end of the year. I know for me, my gas spending is up to damn near $200 a month and I don't even drive around all that much. I go to work and come home and I got shopping a few days a week. I don't even have money or time to go out and have fun.
    Yep. They are intentionally trying to hurt the poor and middle class. The rich gets richer.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yep. They are intentionally trying to hurt the poor and middle class. The rich gets richer.
    They stopped caring about the lower class decades ago. Now they want to completely destroy the middle class so people at the bottom stand NO CHANCE at all! We will end up like Venezuela at this rate!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    A lot of folks I've talked to think it is to try and force people to buy electric cars. That's what I think.
    And guess what will happen? We will have blackouts all over the place because our power grids cannot handle everyone driving electric. We will end up being told we can only have so much per month and it wont be enough to get to work or anything like that. They want us to all be crammed in cities too.

E

educatedman23

And guess what will happen? We will have blackouts all over the place because our power grids cannot handle everyone driving electric. We will end up being told we can only have so much per month and it wont be enough to get to work or anything like that. They want us to all be crammed in cities too.
    Bingo. People will be more easily controlled in big cities.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    One million percent agree. Do you think the poor will rise up and fight them AFTER they have made people of all races just as poor?
    It is no secret they destroyed the black family in America and have millions stuck in poverty. Part of the plan. They started doing it with Hispanics as well. This started in the '80s. They brought in illegals for cheap labor. They live 10 people to a boot and the government doesn't care. They started going after white people around 2010. A lot of them got pushed into poverty. Maybe once people realize it is a bigger issue of them (the government and rich elite) vs us (the citizens of middle and lower class America) things will change but I have doubts because racism among the Hispanics and white is still too strong. They made it clear they don't want to work together.

E

educatedman23

It is no secret they destroyed the black family in America and have millions stuck in poverty. Part of the plan. They started doing it with Hispanics as well. This started in the '80s. They brought in illegals for cheap labor. They live 10 people to a boot and the government doesn't care. They started going after white people around 2010. A lot of them got pushed into poverty. Maybe once people realize it is a bigger issue of them (the government and rich elite) vs us (the citizens of middle and lower class America) things will change but I have doubts because racism among the Hispanics and white is still too strong. They made it clear they don't want to work together.
    All true statements. There is no black and brown coalition.

E

educatedman23

You made key points and that's what I've used in the past especially that number one. Buying gas in the morning is one of the best times you can get value for money spent. Challenge is who's set to go out early in the morning when there's time to sleep for an extra hour 🤣🤣🤣
    I agree. I want to sleep in when the sun is coming up. That is not the time for me to go to the gas station.