The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

True Revolution

MisterAlston

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Until we create our own infrastructure again with us by us we are going to continue to suffer as FBA'S first and the "Greater Black American ommunity" second. We have to stop wanting to contribute to the dominate society and all they giving us is booty to kiss after we make it pop for them.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    🧠🔥👍🏾 I agree but not only with the FBA 1st. but local nation building 1st, if we're truly not building within your city or town but constantly giving lip service on social media it's of no avail. (Not saying this personally to anyone) 🚥
    💜 The web starts off small with an inner circle than it connects to the bigger 🕸️🌐🕸️... We must start where we are and do what we can with what skill sets we're given and freely delegate tasks that we're not skilled in, keeping in mind there's a bigger picture and we can't get stuck behind popularity. 👑

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    🧠🔥👍🏾 I agree but not only with the FBA 1st. but local nation building 1st, if we're truly not building within your city or town but constantly giving lip service on social media it's of no avail. (Not saying this personally to anyone) 🚥
    💜 The web starts off small with an inner circle than it connects to the bigger 🕸️🌐🕸️... We must start where we are and do what we can with what skill sets we're given and freely delegate tasks that we're not skilled in, keeping in mind there's a bigger picture and we can't get stuck behind popularity. 👑
    Do you think there is a fear of doing that with the majority of us?
    I cut my conversation short cuz I feel like I wasn't the right person to speak on it but I really want to know if I'm the only 40yo feeling this way... I get out in my community and I do a lot of black activists work/ activism. But when I'm at ie; MLK day which is soon coming! It's kind of like church service when I was a youngster, FBA fam talk all this good game as long as they're getting paid for their service either by private parties or grant money for the event and leading up to. But as soon as the event is through and as soon as we hit the parking lot, you got Miss Barbara cutting you off and flipping you the bird after she just got done talking about unity with you. That's on the petty end

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Do you think there is a fear of doing that with the majority of us?
    On the important end, we have black people in power positions of authority that only want to whisper Black POWER and the thought of losing that job is so TERRIFYING they are easily turned into TRUSTEES on the plantation.
    I've witnessed the black sorority sisters get together to support one of their own who is a powerful staff member at the Monopoly called Gainesville Regional Utilities the room was all black as soon as her boss walked in she started yes a master and the whole script flipped cuz she didn't want to lose that prestigious title... IT'S SAD BECAUSE THEY TRY TO SERVE TWO MASTERS
    ... And all we were talking about was how the black community or urban community requires more up-to-date appliances. If the appliances were more energy efficient in the poor neighborhoods we'd be more cost efficient lowering impoverished black people's utility bills but there is no such initiative to make landlords or slumlords get rid of these 1960 appliances.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We have a problem with our FBA'HNC getting funny with the money as well ...we've placed people in City positions such as secretary/treasurer/Treasury (🍻) and they run off with the money whYte people do it all the time.
    but of course when the black people hand is in the pot.. HUMMM... They have a one girl they named her the BOOTY BANDIT 😢 she wasn't no Robin Hood she stole the money from Alachua County Parks and Recreation. Not to contribute to the underserved but to go and get a Brazilian Butt Lift. The guilt was so terrible once it was plastered all over the local news she bond out and soon ~unalived~ herself before having to face trial <<<<or that's what "THEY" said because I believe if she got some cookies her white superiors got some donuts and we're afraid of her snitching.... Anyways yeah... I'm always trying to be aware of false prophets. I love the message but I'm always leery now. Check out the Fly Nubian Queens and all their foolishness.... I still Rock with a FEW of them.

Last edited:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If we keeping it a buck the FBA movement is only going to go as far as Tariq allows it to go. People say popular things like:

“The code is the leader”

“We are a lineage”

But then go on acting just like the church folk they are so quick to look down upon…most people that claim FBA are dogmatic thinkers and are not looking to build independent institutions. They’ll put money in the collection plate but if you ask them to do much more than that you’ll get silence.

If I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I have not seen anything to the contrary. I used to be excited about ADOS/FBA but they both turned into fan clubs of either Yvette or Tariq.

So to answer the question will Black Americans build infrastructure? I think so but we are not at the point where the leadership of the Black community has shifted from zaddy to strong Black men.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If we keeping it a buck the FBA movement is only going to go as far as Tariq allows it to go. People say popular things like:

“The code is the leader”

“We are a lineage”

But then go on acting just like the church folk they are so quick to look down on most people that claim FBA are dogmatic thinkers and are not looking to build independent institutions. They’ll put money in the collection plate but if you ask them to do much more than that you’ll get silence.

If I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I have not seen anything to the contrary. I used to be excited about ADOS/FBA but they both turned into to fan clubs of either Yvette or Tariq.

So to answer the question will Black Americans build infrastructure? I think so but we are not at the point where the leadership of the Black has shifted from zaddy to strong Black men.
    You are so right Jay! Why I’m not waiting for a code or a leader.. I know what’s right and what is the wrong path. Folks will complain, complain, complain and never think to research or even try to come up with a solution.

I will say, I can use some wind beneath my wings, but I won’t let the absence of, stop me.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

“The code is the leader”

“We are a lineage”

But then go on acting just like the church folk they are so quick to look down upon…most people that claim FBA are dogmatic thinkers and are not looking to build independent institutions. They’ll put money in the collection plate but if you ask them to do much more than that you’ll get silence.

If I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I have not seen anything to the contrary. I used to be excited about ADOS/FBA but they both turned into fan clubs of either Yvette or Tariq.

So to answer the question will Black Americans build infrastructure? I think so but we are not at the point where the leadership of the Black community has shifted from zaddy to strong Black men.
    I have to say that I have followed Tariq since his mack lessons days. I bought all three of his relationship books and I have to say I attribute finding and keeoing my wife to the lessons Bruh put me on. I think his personality rubs people the wrong way but when it comes to what the brother has produced for his people it's hard for me to say he not a real one. Even he will tell you that FBA should be used interchangeably with different terms like Freedman based on the arena in which you are having the debate. I also respect anyone who keeps it real and says we have ti find solutions for ourselves as a people.

I would argue that the code goes into being in alignment with black empowerment no matter who is pushing it and moreover for someone who time again has put his money and efforts where his mouth is. Just my opinion though.
    Jay you know my stick. I'm all for producing and building our own. Actions speak louder than words.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    In terms of reparations and tangibles from the government, I agree it should be for FBAs in America. Within the greater black community, my belief is you build with whomever is on code. Doesn't matter your lineage, anyone black in America who is on code understands that 1. the grievances from the government is specific to FBAs (reparations) and you support it because its a. fair and just and b. when ANY black people get justice its a win for ALL black people but also 2. ALL blacks are under attack from white supremacy in America, and to fight its far easier with an economic base. As long as that black person is on code, I suggest its a person you can include to build an economic base as a community with. You exclude all off code FBAs and non FBAs. Maintaining pride and distinction in your lineage and specific black ethnicity isn't mutually exclusive. You can have both and still build together. This site is an example: we are all FBA and non FBAs but have contributed to build (donate) to this site and fight white supremacy together on this site by discussing strategies, providing information and motivating each other.

White supremacy is played as a team sport and you fight it as a team sport. The Charlottesville white supremacists chanted 'Jews will not replace us'. Ben Shapiro is a devout anti semitic advocate. Both obviously hate each other but BOTH ALSO ARE ANTI BLACK. They fight blacks as a team sport even when they don't like each other.

Jason Black said it best, and I'm paraphrasing him. 'they hate us because we are Black, they can oppress because we are poor'. Keeping the majority of us poor is a strategy among many.

As for fighting white supremacy there has only been two known methods that have worked historically. You either take:

1. Their money:
    * Montgomery bus boycott, broke the local white economy.
    * NFL and NBA threatened strike if they stopped kneeling threatened to bankrupt the white owners.
    * The boycotts of South Africa starting in the '80s

2. Their blood or the threat of taking their blood:
    * Haiti Revolution.
    * The ending of colonial rule in Algiers, Kenya were after very bloody, brutal conflicts.
    * Vietnam war, the north were willing to fight to the last man, woman and child. The war was unwinnable.
    * The threat of bloodshed if Ghana, Nigeria and the other African colonies if they didn't get independence. The French and the UK simply didn't have the manpower to hold those countries if all the tribes and peoples revolted. (also economic because they supplied the UK and France).

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

“The code is the leader”

“We are a lineage”

A bit off topic but how do you feel about freedman independence, either through somehow acquiring land in the American continent from the USA, or maybe having a mass migration movement to Liberia as the Jews did with Palestine and turned it into Israel, because Liberia is still technically our country, and they still bear our flag and name and constitution.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    In terms of reparations and tangibles from the government, I agree it should be for FBAs in America. Within the greater black community, my belief is you build with whomever is on code. Doesn't matter your lineage, anyone black in America who is on code understands that 1. the grievances from the government is specific to FBAs (reparations) and you support it because its a. fair and just and b. when ANY black people get justice its a win for ALL black people but also 2. ALL blacks are under attack from white supremacy in America, and to fight its far easier with an economic base. As long as that black person is on code, I suggest its a person you can include to build an economic base as a community with. You exclude all off code FBAs and non FBAs. Maintaining pride and distinction in your lineage and specific black ethnicity isn't mutually exclusive. You can have both and still build together. This site is an example: we are all FBA and non FBAs but have contributed to build (donate) to this site and fight white supremacy together on this site by discussing strategies, providing information and motivating each other.

White supremacy is played as a team sport and you fight it as a team sport. The Charlottesville white supremacists chanted 'Jews will not replace us'. Ben Shapiro is a devout anti semitic advocate. Both obviously hate each other but BOTH ALSO ARE ANTI BLACK. They fight blacks as a team sport even when they don't like each other.

Jason Black said it best, and I'm paraphrasing him. 'they hate us because we are Black, they can oppress because we are poor'. Keeping the majority of us poor is a strategy among many.

As for fighting white supremacy there has only been two known methods that have worked historically. You either take:

1. Their money:
    * Montgomery bus boycott, broke the local white economy.
    * NFL and NBA threatened strike if they stopped kneeling threatened to bankrupt the white owners.
    * The boycotts of South Africa starting in the '80s

2. Their blood or the threat of taking their blood:
    * Haiti Revolution.
    * The ending of colonial rule in Algiers, Kenya were after very bloody, brutal conflicts.
    * Vietnam war, the north were willing to fight to the last man, woman and child. The war was unwinnable.
    * The threat of bloodshed if Ghana, Nigeria and the other African colonies if they didn't get independence. The French and the UK simply didn't have the manpower to hold those countries if all the tribes and peoples revolted. (also economic because they supplied the UK and France).
    I really hope we can get the energy to focus on who is on code and who isn’t rather than ethnicity. It will allow us to focus more on building and less on destroying any connection we can possibly make.
    A bit off topic but how do you feel about freedman independence, either through somehow acquiring land in the American continent from the USA, or maybe having a mass migration movement to Liberia as the Jews did with Palestine and turned it into Israel, because Liberia is still technically our country, and they still bear our flag and name and constitution.
    It is going to happen at some point. It’ll be the natural progression for us as we decolonize our minds.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    “Black people should build an Economy, institutions, and infrastructure”.
    We did. It’s called the United States of America. Then we defended it from whites and asians for 250 years. 🤷🏾‍♂️
    It’s not true. How did we defend the US from Whites when they were hanging us and killing is the whole time? We couldn’t even protect ourselves half the time.

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don’t want to dishonor the 54th Massachusetts, The Harlem Hellfighers, The Tuskegee Airmen, hell my own grandfather and uncles by even responding to this, but you’re making it hard. Please explain why you just spat in the faces of these brothers by claiming they did nothing? We’re the British not white? The Confederates? The Spanish? The Germans? The Soviets? What is your point, brother? This is a black App. We don’t have to deal with hidden motives here.