The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Tyron Woodley lost to Jake Paul, I'm not happy

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
Some bad news to share with you all. I watched the Jake Paul Vs Tyron Woodley boxing match, and I gotta say, I was sad not to see Jake Paul get knocked out. Sad news is, that Jake Paul won via split decision and I hate it. I was hoping Woodley would have rocked this dude throughout the match, and during one round he nearly did it. Hyped up Dave Chappelle who happened to be in the audience.

But, it wasn't enough, as that round was the only round he would take, with maybe one more round out of the 8 total. Hate to say it, but it was a mediocre fight. Woodley looked awkward at times, but he kept with Jake Paul the whole fight. Paul wasn't faring much better as he clearly was tired early on.

Anyway, think Tyron Woodley will be back to boxing? Or is he done here? I hope we get an actual boxer to take on Jake Paul next. Whoever faces off against the Paul brothers next, I hope they KO them.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
Paul will continue to take fights that make him look much better than he actually is because it's all about money. Every fighter is well past their prime or can't box at all. If Paul takes a fight against an amateur BOXER he'd get embarrassed, let alone a mediocre professional. He was winded by the fourth round but Woodley is too past his prime, plus he's pushing forty.

The only way we'll see him get humbled is if he takes a fight with an actual boxer. The thing is he's probably going to avoid that because as soon as he gets exposed the money flow stops. It's why Mayweather kept his brother up after knocking him out. This isn't real boxing.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Some bad news to share with you all. I watched the Jake Paul Vs Tyron Woodley boxing match, and I gotta say, I was sad not to see Jake Paul get knocked out. Sad news is, that Jake Paul won via split decision and I hate it. I was hoping Woodley would have rocked this dude throughout the match, and during one round he nearly did it. Hyped up Dave Chappelle who happened to be in the audience.

But, it wasn't enough, as that round was the only round he would take, with maybe one more round out of the 8 total. Hate to say it, but it was a mediocre fight. Woodley looked awkward at times, but he kept with Jake Paul the whole fight. Paul wasn't faring much better as he clearly was tired early on.

Anyway, think Tyron Woodley will be back to boxing? Or is he done here? I hope we get an actual boxer to take on Jake Paul next. Whoever faces off against the Paul brothers next, I hope they KO them.
    I feel like Woodley had the better performance but it was only slightly better and the judges weren't going to mess up the gravy train for "slightly better". The most frustrating part of the fight was the fact that Woodley's punch output was low. He was giving Paul problems but he would stop throwing punches and that basically gave Paul a lifeline.

Paul will continue to take fights that make him look much better than he actually is because it's all about money. Every fighter is well past their prime or can't box at all. If Paul takes a fight against an amateur BOXER he'd get embarrassed, let alone a mediocre professional. He was winded by the fourth round but Woodley is too past his prime, plus he's pushing forty.

The only way we'll see him get humbled is if he takes a fight with an actual boxer. The thing is he's probably going to avoid that because as soon as he gets exposed the money flow stops. It's why Mayweather kept his brother up after knocking him out. This isn't real boxing.
    100%. Paul was looking in the ring last night...just imagine him fighting a swarmer who can apply consistent pressure to him every single round...think Maidana vs. Mayweather...Paul would have been night night by the 5th round.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It’s easy to judge but I didn’t see the killer instinct in Tyron last night. I get that you have to manage your risk but you also have to win and I didn’t see a desire in him to do what it takes to win. He would land very effective punches on Paul and then totally let off the gas for 20 - 30 seconds, throw a jab, leave his hands down a bit, Slip a punch and throw another jab, it was corny AF.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks

Of course, I think he knows what he's doing. Jake Paul even said he trolled Woodley into a fight. Idk if that's true. But either way, it worked. The place was sold out and they made bank. I bet Woodley is fine with his loss, seeing as he's still paid well and I heard he was paid extra for losing as well. Not sure if true though.

I feel like Woodley had the better performance but it was only slightly better and the judges weren't going to mess up the gravy train for "slightly better". The most frustrating part of the fight was the fact that Woodley's punch output was low. He was giving Paul problems but he would stop throwing punches and that basically gave Paul a lifeline.

100%. Paul was looking in the ring last night...just imagine him fighting a swarmer who can apply consistent pressure to him every single round...think Maidana vs. Mayweather...Paul would have been night night by the 5th round.
    I felt like he did too. The first round he barely threw a punch. At first I thought maybe he was seeing what Paul was about and he would start up in round 2, but nope, he started to hit more, but it wasn't until like round 3 or 4 when he started to put up a fight. And I think round 5 is when he actual was able to win his first round. Jake won, because he kept at it, while Woodley was kind of tamed down. I bet they both worked together and it was just for the money.

And for sure. Paul wouldn't be able to do much of anything if he faced a real boxer. But, I don't see him ever trying to face a real boxer anytime soon.

It’s easy to judge but I didn’t see the killer instinct in Tyron last night. I get that you have to manage your risk but you also have to win and I didn’t see a desire in him to do what it takes to win. He would land very effective punches on Paul and then totally let off the gas for 20 - 30 seconds, throw a jab, leave his hands down a bit, Slip a punch and throw another jab, it was corny AF.
    I felt the same way. He had some good moments, and got some good hits. But I thought the last two rounds he would put up more of a fight. Swarm Jake Paul and just bop him. But that didn't happen. He played it safe.

woodley a clown for that performance I’m done with him
    idk, I gotta give him props for jumping into boxing, but it was awkward at times to watch, especially with some of the stances Woodley had in the fight. It was kinda cringey to see.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Yeah that fight was about money. They half-assed it throughout the whole fight, and there was times where Woodley could have won if he just swarmed Paul. Especially the time he knocked Paul into the ropes, and he just stood there. Dude's an MMA fighter and didn't pounce as Paul fell, he could have easily won that fight right there.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah that fight was about money. They half-assed it throughout the whole fight, and there was times where Woodley could have won if he just swarmed Paul. Especially the time he knocked Paul into the ropes, and he just stood there. Dude's an MMA fighter and didn't pounce as Paul fell, he could have easily won that fight right there.
    Yes but he has a history of doing this exact same thing. It definitely could be fixed but Woodley been gun shy for awhile now.