The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Update: Fort Jackson Soldier Found Guilty Of Assault For Shoving Young Black Man

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Remember this D-Bag? Well they hit him with charges. I think he got off a bit light but this plus the pull up he got at least let him know what the vibes are going forward.

CNN)The Fort Jackson soldier seen pushing and threatening a young Black man in a viral video in April was found guilty of third-degree assault and battery on Monday, according to the Richland County, South Carolina, magistrate.

In April, Jonathan Pentland, a sergeant first class, was suspended of his Army instructor duties after a video showed him shoving the young man, using profanity and saying he was "in the wrong neighborhood."

A judge ordered Pentland to pay a $1,087 fine or spend 30 days in jail for the misdemeanor charge, court records show.
    An attorney for Pentland said he is looking into challenging the decision.

Read more…

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah I remember when this happened. Glad to hear he was found guilty but I think he deserved more than he got. At least he was suspended so that's something a little more long term.
    Yeah he got off light AF...basically "you know...I don't want to convict you at all but if I don't 100 niggas gonna be here by noon...soooo....here's a misdemeanor".

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Haha good! He's gotta pay $1,000+ or sit in jail for 30 days. Wonder what he's going to do. :D

And now he's going to fight it, good luck, doubt he will see a different result.
    He knows what's going to happen if he tries it again tho

The whole hood gon jhi pull up like

smoke dark GIF by Lukas Nelson