The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Was Babe Ruth For Integrating Baseball?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
No idea but this photo and comments is interesting. Found it randomly on a feed. I have heard rumors saying he had black blood. He was called racial slurs a lot because he had black features (nose, lips). No idea if true or not. If anyone knows more, please post it.

“According to Buck O'Neill and Monte Irvin, players in the Negro Leagues received the equivalent of a dollar a day. When Babe Ruth joined them, he would bring them $1,500 to share among all the teams. Ruth was, for a long time, an advocate of the integration of baseball.”
-Source unknown-

370293303_10159510966903314_1337823466604071338_n.jpg

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My grandfather said he called Jackie Robertson that N word a few times seating in the stands. We don't rock with him or that nasty ass candy bar named after him.

GwynShivers
    GwynShivers
    He knew Jackie Robinson was better than him & proved it by breaking his record!
    Who holds mostly ALL the records in sports? I know y'all know the answer, enough said! ❤️🤴🏾👸🏽❤️

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think that Brothas face in the middle of the photograph says it all (center derby) 😂 ..

Yeah, there were some others in history that stories say they were mixed ... it's entirely possible,.. looking at the features, I would say he isn't solely European...