The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Weather Is Getting Crazy Out There!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw some places were getting blasted with snow big time and temps were getting real cold, especially at night. We had some strong wins yesterday that caused me to lose power a few times but thankfully it came right back. I would have been freezing my butt off otherwise.

How is the weather by you where you are ate?

D

Deleted member 1946

I saw some places were getting blasted with snow big time and temps were getting real cold, especially at night. We had some strong wins yesterday that caused me to lose power a few times but thankfully it came right back. I would have been freezing my butt off otherwise.

How is the weather by you where you are ate?
    It is very cold in Mississippi. The food in the stores is way less than it normally is. I normally don't go in grocery stores anymore, but my aunt sent me to Walmart this morning to get her groceries because her son's car wasn't working. And the shelves were way less stocked than normal. I asked two different employees why, and they told me it was way more packed yesterday than normal for a Friday due to the expected freezing that will happen tomorrow. Folks will be stuck at home unless they want to take a chance of being in a ditch. That black ice is no joke.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is very cold in Mississippi. The food in the stores is way less than it normally is. I normally don't go in grocery stores anymore, but my aunt sent me to Walmart this morning to get her groceries because her son's car wasn't working. And the shelves were way less stocked than normal. I asked two different employees why, and they told me it was way more packed yesterday than normal for a Friday due to the expected freezing that will happen tomorrow. Folks will be stuck at home unless they want to take a chance of being in a ditch. That black ice is no joke.
    Yeah you do not wanna be driving in this kind of weather. You can't even see black ice and it will just fling a car right off the road if you aren't careful. I didn't even think of that but yeah I bet a lot of shelves are bare right now in places that are getting hit bad. This is one reason why I always keep extra water and canned/boxed goods on hand. Things that I can eat at any time if I got nothing else. I try to have a week's worth of stuff at all times cause you never know!

D

Deleted member 1946

Yeah you do not wanna be driving in this kind of weather. You can't even see black ice and it will just fling a car right off the road if you aren't careful. I didn't even think of that but yeah I bet a lot of shelves are bare right now in places that are getting hit bad. This is one reason why I always keep extra water and canned/boxed goods on hand. Things that I can eat at any time if I got nothing else. I try to have a week's worth of stuff at all times cause you never know!
    I've seen countless videos of vehicles around the country over the past years driving along nicely and then all of a sudden the car moves erratically all over the street or freeway. The crazy thing is that you can't really stop this from happening once it happens due to the reality that the black ice may be all over instead of just in one spot. People will try to break their car and try to steer in the direction they want to go in, but this leads to an overcorrection and can cause the car to flip or skid way more than otherwise would have happened.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I've seen countless videos of vehicles around the country over the past years driving along nicely and then all of a sudden the car moves erratically all over the street or freeway. The crazy thing is that you can't really stop this from happening once it happens due to the reality that the black ice may be all over instead of just in one spot. People will try to break their car and try to steer in the direction they want to go in, but this leads to an overcorrection and can cause the car to flip or skid way more than otherwise would have happened.
    Yup! My dad told me if I ever hit ice while driving to not try to fight it just tap the breaks and turn with the ice and you eventually will come to a stop but you have to be careful if you are spinning completely.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    i wouldn't even suggest tapping the brakes because the car can lock up. I hit Black ice once and I did a full 720 on the road before somehow ending up on the side of the road facing the direction I was leaving. I just slowly slid back out on the highway. It was scary tho because there cars and semi's behind me. I just let go of the steering wheel and thought, "welp, I guess this is how its gonna end"

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    i wouldn't even suggest tapping the brakes because the car can lock up. I hit Black ice once and I did a full 720 on the road before somehow ending up on the side of the road facing the direction I was leaving. I just slowly slid back out on the highway. It was scary tho because there cars and semi's behind me. I just let go of the steering wheel and thought, "welp, I guess this is how its gonna end"
    Damn. Yeah I don't know if there is a right or wrong way to handle this cause it depends on the car and the conditions. You just have to pray! I feel like they need some kind of feature in cars to help stop on ice or at least slow a car down when it is spinning out.