The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What Are You Doing Today For Juneteenth?

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I got nothing planned for today or for Independence Day this year, but I plan for my family and I to start openly celebrating and have get togethers for next year and beyond.

What do you have planned today for Juneteenth?

AChris

Sixer First Class+
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I got nothing planned for today or for Independence Day this year, but I plan for my family and I to start openly celebrating and have get togethers for next year and beyond.

Nothing planned today, but preparing now to find or help organize a proper celebration of Juneteenth for next year and beyond. Along with seeing more displays of the official Juneteenth flag, I want to attend events that highlight the original intent of Juneteenth as a Black American celebration of freedom.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nothing planned today, but preparing now to find or help organize a proper celebration of Juneteenth for next year and beyond. Along with seeing more displays of the official Juneteenth flag, I want to attend events that highlight the original intent of Juneteenth as a Black American celebration of freedom.
    I went to one and they were playing Caribbean music. Super disrespectful.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I relaxed and reflected on Juneteenth. I’m thinking we Black Americans should make Juneteenth an economic boom day and do major purchases with black businesses on Juneteenth. Turn Juneteenth into Black Friday status, Easter Status, Thanksgiving status, etc. Make it a celebration with an economic purpose. Black Wall Street 👊🏾🤛🏾

I was really feeling like, if America can’t or won’t repent and repair, i.e. Reparations, I personally will not fully recognize it as a real celebration. I’m happy for the moment in 1865..extremely proud of the heroism it took to notify our Texas families…but to white America and the Joe Biden admin specifically, making Juneteenth a national holiday, that gesture falls flat as a pancake.. it falls short.. Reparation is the fully correct gesture and response. Pay your debt to humanity America.

093792C1-8E3A-4344-B2C4-534CC54A4C67.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1946

I relaxed and reflected on Juneteenth. I’m thinking we Black Americans should make Juneteenth an economic boom day and do major purchases with black businesses on Juneteenth. Turn Juneteenth into Black Friday status, Easter Status, Thanksgiving status, etc. Make it a celebration with an economic purpose. Black Wall Street 👊🏾🤛🏾

I was really feeling like, if America can’t or won’t repent and repair, i.e. Reparations, I personally will not fully recognize it as a real celebration. I’m happy for the moment in 1865..extremely proud of the heroism it took to notify our Texas families…but to white America and the Joe Biden admin specifically, making Juneteenth a national holiday, that gesture falls flat as a pancake.. it falls short.. Reparation is the fully correct gesture and response. Pay your debt to humanity America.

View attachment 7953
    An economic boom is needed.

D

Deleted member 1946

I don't see any proper celebrations in North Mississippi. I would guess there would be at least one in the USA.